Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Washington State | Glassdoor

2.6

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview was over the phone and in person. I had to interview with both the branch and district manager. I was asked about my outside sales abilities and business acumen. I was also told that the goals would be challenging. I was offered the position after the two interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell a new business prospect when you walk in on a cold call?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Kent, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview consists of your basic phone screen asking if you are a citizen, you're last job, etc. I was a bit nervous taking a "phone interview" as it was my first time, but later figured out that the person over the phone is not the same person who'll be doing the hiring or more personal in-person interview. The person is basically someone who just does the initial screening prior to moving you on to the actual interview.

The questions asked have a lot to do with customer service, why you love it, most significant memory in customer service, and greatest achievement type of stuff.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • If you were a cartoon character, who would you be and why?   Answer Question
    • What was the most challenging time you've had in customer service and how did you react to it?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because I was interested in a location in the Eastside and not the downtown Kent area which is what I filled out on the application. They wanted to hire me for the Kent location and told me someone from my preferred location will get back to me, they never did. I tried calling and emailing again but got no response. I ended up getting a better paying job in the location I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in December 2010.

Interview

Looking for someone who is motivated and highly qualified but don't pay well in comparison to other banks. Interview process is very easy. No difficult questions. Typical sales job questions. They are looking for people who want a career, which they pay better than any other bank besides the teller salary.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Everett, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online in Washington State. Did screening and set up a time for a group interview.

Went to the group interview - and it was actually a ton of fun. Everyone participated, and the recruiters were super sweet. At the end, one recruiter said that we would hear back within a week.

Two hours after my interview I was called by that recruiter who said I did very well and stood out in the interview, and she arranged for me to meet with the Service Manager and Store Manager at my preferred location for my next interview.

I went to that interview a couple days later, and was told again that I would know within the week what the results were. The next morning, the recruiter called me and said that I was the top pick of the managers, and the recruiter set up an interview time for me to meet with the District Manager.

A couple days went by and I made my way to the branch where the DM works. She and I immediately hit it off because we had actually worn our hair the same that day, and it made it easy for me to sort of bond with her. She was super friendly, and by the end of the interview, I totally felt like I had known her forever and we were planning when we'd have a girls day together! I left that interview feeling like pretty hot stuff to say the least!

Later the same day, the recruiter offered me the job contingent on the background check and fingerprinting. I was then called by the Service Manager and given my official offer, and start date. I accepted.

Unfortunately, due to a family emergency out of state, I had to move before my start date. When I arrived in Texas, I had to go through the hiring process all over again. I was offered the job and began in May 2013.

I went through the entire process twice in two states across the country, and was hired both times, all within 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone, it is VERY easy to get a job with WF if you want it bad enough. My journey and how much I love my job influenced my husband to apply for Personal Banker. Awesome company to work for - we are a WF family!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an outtage in your cash drawer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I probably could have negotiated, but I chose not to because I was excited to get the job. I have been given raises quickly, so it didn't make too much of a difference.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

Heard about openings within the company from current employee. Applied online for Wells Fargo on 11/14, emailed me an assessment same day, informed me that I passed upon completion and then provided me with a link for a location to sign up for an interview slot at the provided earliest date and time; which was on 11/26. Had a group interview with 5 other candidates and 2 interviewers (Recruiter and Store Manager) I then got an email stating that the position I applied for had been canceled on 11/30. However, I received a phone call from the Manager of another location that day (11/30) stating that my Recruiter had emailed him my information and requested to set up an interview if I was interested. Recruited emailed me afterward stating that she believed I'd be a great fit for that location. I met with the Manager 12/4 for an hour. Before the interview was completed he brought his Assistant Branch Manger in to introduce himself. Assistant Manager then asked me a few questions to get to know me better.Once the interview was over, Manager told me he would contact me by Friday 12/6 upon making any decisions. Within an hour of my interview being complete heard back from another Recruiter (as mine is on Vaca) and she extended me an offer contingent upon my background check and fingerprints clearing (Which it will!) I will work on 12/9!

Interview Questions

• How would/did I handle coaching of employees that did not meet or exceed expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation not needed. Offered me great compensation based off my previous experience.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Renton, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Pretty easy process, hiring manager called me, interviewed me over the phone, then I met the branch manager for an in person interview. I was offered the job two days later.

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Renton, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Referred by a friend, super easy. Met with the service manager and branch manager and was offered the position in less than a week

Negotiation

asked for more pay, they were able to offer $ .50 than intieally offered per hour.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied part time teller position online. After 3 days, I received email to schedule a group interview. I went to group interview, total has 9 people in the group. Interviewer introduced wells fargo teller position's benefits. Then she asked few questions. (introduce yourself, what's your most difficult customer complain situations? How do you solve the problem? Why do you choose Wells Fargo and teller position? What is your favorite dessert? )Group Interview lasted 1 hour. A week later, I received phone call to schedule a interview with branch manger and manager assistant. Two of them interview me, asked few questions((introduce yourself, what's your most difficult customer complain situations? How do you solve the problem? Why do you choose Wells Fargo and teller position? Tell us how do you learn a new thing? What's your cash handling experience? How many language you can speak? How did you achieve your sales quota in previous job? )

Mortgage Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Very easy, not complex, 2 people interviewed me, situational questions, one hour with each interviewer, one person asked around why I wanted to change industries, the other around how would I react in specific situations

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Auburn, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

This was an internal interview that I had to move up from a teller. My manager asked me a few questions about what I would change, but because the interview was a formality, it was not very in depth.