Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Washington State | Glassdoor

2.6

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Wells Fargo career website and received a phone interview request a few days later. They asked me a few questions about myself, my experience, why I wanted to work for them and how I would see myself in 5 years from then.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Bothell, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

This was a one on one interview with the branch manager for almost an hour at the branch location. They ask you a lot of questions to make sure you are personable and can sell. One of the stand out questions was "sell me this phone". Very Wolf of Wall Street.

Interview Questions

• They handed me a random object and asked me to sell it to them (very Wolf of Wall Street).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Everett, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

My scheduled phone interview was a 20 minute time block. The interviewer was late to call and rushed through talking to me. So instead of a 20 minute time slot to talk about my work history and skill set, I got 5 minutes. I felt rushed to say the least. I found it very unprofessional that the interviewer used a speaker phone to talk to me. Everything she said echoed and often cut out. I felt rushed, not the ideal phone interview at all.

Interview Questions

• How many years of Customer Service do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an easy process. The process was smooth and everyone was very nice. I had 3 different interviews which were painless. Some senior management members can be intimidating but they have helpful after you get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tacoma, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online 11/22/2016, was sent a screening to complete the same day. Heard nothing back until 12/01/2016 when I was sent a link to schedule a phone interview. I completed the phone interview 12/06/2016 and 24 hours after that got an email that I was not selected for the position

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at wells fargo?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to become a teller?   Answer Question
    • When's a time you had a difficult customer? How did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The online application was followed by an email notifying me that I had been selected for a phone interview. The 20 minute phone interview with my Recruiter was pleasant and light-hearted -- it seemed like she was just trying to verify some of my application information and learn more about me on a personal level. She arranged an in-person interview with the Branch Manager of the location to which I was applying.

The interview with the Branch Manager lasted about 45 minutes and was much more in-depth than the phone interview -- overall a great experience. I understand that it can vary in intensity depending on the type of manager that you interview with.

The final interview was arranged with the District Manager, which is meant to simply OK the Branch Manager's decision. In other words, if you get an interview with the District Manager, it's because the Branch Manager has selected you for the job.

I received a call from the Recruiter with a job offer, and a subsequent email formalizing the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were able to resolve the complaint of an angry customer.   Answer Question
    • Why Wells Fargo? Why banking?   Answer Question

Collector III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Kent, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and knowledgeable hiring managers painted a very accurate picture of the type of work I would be expected to do. I got the impression that the panel managers who sat for my interview were supportive and strong leaders.

STUDY FOR YOUR INTERVIEW. Treat it like a test in college. Look online for information pertaining to the position you are applying for. Be prepared to sit with a panel of managers who have their questions already lined out for you so be prepared with your answers. I prepared for two days. Glassdoor helped out a lot. The interview questions I was asked were all listed here. I hand picked a few, developed a good response and remained prepared to think on the fly when my interview time came. Take it seriously, make eye contact and don't bring up this press news stuff unless it will pertain to your job. The department in which I will be working has nothing to do with the banking side. I stayed away from asking the hiring managers about the issues the company is facing. I suggest the same for anyone interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to overcome a change that a former employer made and how did I adapt to the change.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a very generous pay rate. No negotiations were necessary.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Spokane, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with a campus recruiter. the interview questions were typical behavioral questions. After these initial questions they started to get into more accounting related topics. Specifically, will have to elaborate on various financial statements such as the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows. The person who interview me said it was critical to know these in depth structurally and general concepts and use factors.

Interview Questions

• Explain the financial statement and their use to someone who doesn't know anything about it   Answer Question

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted an employment application on line. After four weeks I was notified that I was to schedule a phone interview for the position. The telephone interview consists of standard interview questions on background, skills and accomplishments.

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The lady called on time and ask questions about the postion and candidate's resume. Questions are: why did you choose this position, did you have similar working experience, how did you know you would fit for this positon, etc.