Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Washington State | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.6

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

Heard about openings within the company from current employee. Applied online for Wells Fargo on 11/14, emailed me an assessment same day, informed me that I passed upon completion and then provided me with a link for a location to sign up for an interview slot at the provided earliest date and time; which was on 11/26. Had a group interview with 5 other candidates and 2 interviewers (Recruiter and Store Manager) I then got an email stating that the position I applied for had been canceled on 11/30. However, I received a phone call from the Manager of another location that day (11/30) stating that my Recruiter had emailed him my information and requested to set up an interview if I was interested. Recruited emailed me afterward stating that she believed I'd be a great fit for that location. I met with the Manager 12/4 for an hour. Before the interview was completed he brought his Assistant Branch Manger in to introduce himself. Assistant Manager then asked me a few questions to get to know me better.Once the interview was over, Manager told me he would contact me by Friday 12/6 upon making any decisions. Within an hour of my interview being complete heard back from another Recruiter (as mine is on Vaca) and she extended me an offer contingent upon my background check and fingerprints clearing (Which it will!) I will work on 12/9!

Interview Questions

• How would/did I handle coaching of employees that did not meet or exceed expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation not needed. Offered me great compensation based off my previous experience.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA).

Interview

100% behavioral. Easy interview. Walk me through resume, what are your career goals, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. Focus on communication and sales. Interview with 4 people total.

Home Mortgage Consultant Junior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

You want to be very clear on how you can benifit the loan officer you will be working with

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Lynnwood, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Group interview-branch manager interview- district manager interview
    Group interview: you went to a room with other ten people. Answering questions one by one. You need catch attention by answer you question. The best way to do is go to talk with the interviewer after the interview.
    how do you deal if you are short of balance
    what is your disadvantage
    why do you want to work here

Interview Questions

Negotiation

called me the offer in one week

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Four round interview
    Phone interview, ask your general questions
    -Group interview-you should answer questions very positively, and show your genuine interests to this company. ask related questions. Give them a good impression is very important to go to next step. store manager interview-
    District manager interview .- almost there when you have the interview with the District manager

Interview Questions

• why this job?
      you adv and disadv?
      your career plan
      1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Bellevue, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Had phone interview with recruiter then hiring manager. Recruiter was very nice and helpful in the process. Never met with recruiter since she was out of state. Turn around time to set up one on one interview with hiring manager was quick, within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for this company?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

3 -4 interviews, use the STAR method, Situation, Task, Action, Result. There was an initial phone interview where you are asked to describe how you would handle various situations, then an aptitude test math and personality. No calculator on the math. Then an in person 1:1 followed by a panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond to overcome a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

Applied online. Three interviews total. 1 group interview, 1 branch manager, 1 district manager.
    Group interview: about 7 people. Two STAR type questions. (name one time where you went above and beyond for a customer/dealt with a difficult customer)- who benefited/outcome. One sales goal experience

Interview Questions

• Branch manager: it is wednesday morning and you realize you are very, very behind sales goals for the week/month of referrals. What would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotation. wage starts at $11.00/hr in WA

Home Mortgage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Vancouver, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

After applying, I had three interviews. One on the phone and two in person.

Phone interview went well - young lady on the phone was pleasant enough to talk with and gave me the impression I would enjoy working at Wells Fargo.

First in-person interview went alright. The gentleman I spoke with seemed professional enough and we seemed to get along great. I really felt like I nailed the interview and left the building looking around at the environment preparing myself for seeing everything here every day.

Second interview did not go well. I caught the flu or some other kind of bug and the interviewer knew this ahead of time but was fine with me going in. The cold took a serious toll on me and I believe the interviewer held it personally against me as she did not seem at all impressed with me (despite the fact that the two previous interviewers thought otherwise - and knowing that I was sick ahead of time).

She also seemed to forget which interviewee I was because she thought I was someone else at the beginning of the interview referencing things said in a conversation we never had. She also then seemed to look surprised when - near the end of the interview - I apologized for taking a moment to answer a question because "this head cold [was] really making it hard to think".

After the interview she told me I should expect to hear something back within a week or two.

I never heard anything back - not even a generic letter thanking me for my time (over 4 hours between applying and interviewing 3 times - not including commuting etc.).

Would not apply again.

Interview Questions

• Generic boilerplate questions like "describe a time when you had to come up with a solution to a difficult problem".   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Everett, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online in Washington State. Did screening and set up a time for a group interview.

Went to the group interview - and it was actually a ton of fun. Everyone participated, and the recruiters were super sweet. At the end, one recruiter said that we would hear back within a week.

Two hours after my interview I was called by that recruiter who said I did very well and stood out in the interview, and she arranged for me to meet with the Service Manager and Store Manager at my preferred location for my next interview.

I went to that interview a couple days later, and was told again that I would know within the week what the results were. The next morning, the recruiter called me and said that I was the top pick of the managers, and the recruiter set up an interview time for me to meet with the District Manager.

A couple days went by and I made my way to the branch where the DM works. She and I immediately hit it off because we had actually worn our hair the same that day, and it made it easy for me to sort of bond with her. She was super friendly, and by the end of the interview, I totally felt like I had known her forever and we were planning when we'd have a girls day together! I left that interview feeling like pretty hot stuff to say the least!

Later the same day, the recruiter offered me the job contingent on the background check and fingerprinting. I was then called by the Service Manager and given my official offer, and start date. I accepted.

Unfortunately, due to a family emergency out of state, I had to move before my start date. When I arrived in Texas, I had to go through the hiring process all over again. I was offered the job and began in May 2013.

I went through the entire process twice in two states across the country, and was hired both times, all within 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone, it is VERY easy to get a job with WF if you want it bad enough. My journey and how much I love my job influenced my husband to apply for Personal Banker. Awesome company to work for - we are a WF family!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an outtage in your cash drawer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I probably could have negotiated, but I chose not to because I was excited to get the job. I have been given raises quickly, so it didn't make too much of a difference.