Wells Fargo Interview Questions in West Des Moines, IA | Glassdoor

2.5

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research/Remediation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of two steps:
    >> First step was to get a telephone and/or e-mail pre-screen interview from the recruiter. This call/e-mail determines weather you meet the technical and other requirements of the job posting

>> Second step was to have a panel interview with the hiring manager and two of their peers. This interview, they went more in depth with behavioral questions that show you have the experience to handle any situation that might come up in the role.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time when you had to work on a special project that had very few instructions; how did you complete the project, which resources did you use, and what was the result?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter on Thursday October 20, 2016. I was notified by the manager for an in person interview, which took place on Wednesday November 2, 2016 with the manager and one of his team members. I was then notified by the manager on Wednesday November 9, 2016 that he had chosen another candidate. The phone interview was very informal, it lasted about 5 minutes. My in person interview was more detailed in the questions that was asked and lasted about 30 minutes. I was a little nervous going into the interview but quickly felt at ease once the interview process started. Over all even though I did not get the job it gave me interview experience that I need.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time about an issue that came up, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Loan Servicing Specialist IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the recruiter for a phone interview where I answered basic demographic questions. A few weeks later I was invited for an interview. The process was very structured and consisted of maybe ten questions asking me to "name a time when..." The whole thing was maybe 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate.

Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

Took a long time to schedule a phone interview. The person who ended up doing an initial interview asked some very odd questions. Also was very dry, just read questions from a list.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.   1 Answer

Loan Servicing Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

Have applied for several positions. Interviewed for 2. Turned down for the first. Second time I was contacted by a recruiter to see if I would be interested. Was contacted for phone interview which I think was the 1st time this person had ever done one. It was disaterous, I was dying to get done. Then I'm told that I will get recommended for a face to face. Ok.... Got an email within an hour from the hiring mgr stating my intervew was the NEXT DAY, the time, and who I would meet with. Never had that happen before. Very standard situational interview questions, only about 5 total. They don't seem to like it when you ask very direct questions, such as why is this position open, tell me about the type of people who work on the team, what are team dynamics like? I was hustled out of there as fast as possible, and told to contact the recruiter if I had any other questions. After thinking about it a couple days, I withdrew from candidacy. This also did not go over well. You have to be very, very, careful what area you apply in. Trust your gut, if it doesn't feel right stay away. There are some depts where the turn over is 100% and they literally can't keep people. Either they quit or are fired, which I figured out what was happening with the job I withrew from. I know many people who work there, and have now learned it works against you if you withdraw or don't accept a position. Also if you are offered more than 1, you can't turn down the first, and take another one. Once you accept you are in. If you withdraw and try to take a different one, you will be denied the offer for the 2nd one. And kiss good bye any chances of working there in the future.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard situational questions. Pretty easy to come up with an answer that would fit the situation.   Answer Question

Loan Servicing Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Hr people act as intermediaries and do phone interview, then your future manager does the in-person. Communication mostly through email. Communication was very prompt. Additional words to meet minimum weird threshold is what all these words a a a a a a a a.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff really. If you prepare for a typical corporate interview, you'll ace it. Done situational questions.   1 Answer

Home Preservation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in March 2016.

Interview

Talked to them at a college job fair and told me to apply online. I applied to over 25 positions and within 2 weeks of this i was called back for 6 positions. First step is the phone screening with someone not associated with the department. They just want to make sure you can talk to people and verify information on your resume and ask questions about things that are not unclear. About a week later i recieved a call back for a phone interview but insisted to come to the company to show my interest. Interviewed with 3 people in the department and i feel it went fairly well, they asked me probably 6 behavioral questions, talked about the position and allowed time at the end for me to ask them questions. Said i would hear back in the next 2 weeks. Durring the 2 weeks i interviewed with 3 other positions at wells fargo all went faily the same, same questions asked differently, same process. Was called back for the one i accepted (HPS2) and met with VP of Finanace. She asked me 5 questions and gave me an overview of the companies focus and more detail about day-to-day activities. She said i would hear back within a week but a hour after i was called back with an offer. It was a friday so i waitied to Tuesday to accept it. I also go a call back the same friday with a offer in a different department and on Monday for the other. I took time Monday to clearly think what i want it and chose HPS, hope it was the right choice. The process took probably 3 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where your focus was on one task but your manager wanted you to shift focus on something else, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?

Give an example of a time you had to respond to an unhappy manager/customer/colleague?

Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a rule or approach?   1 Answer

Home Preservation Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied about three weeks ago. A week later I received a phone interview and was emailed about an I'm-person interview three days later. After my interview, I waited a week and half before hearing anything. I had applied for two departments and was denied for one of them. They did not make it clear that I would be contacted separately for the departments, since my phone interview and 1:1 were both combined. It went well, but I am nervous to start the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had a lot of distractions and had to get something important done.   Answer Question

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

First step was a call with HR that lasted about 15-20 minutes. After 3-4 days, I was contacted for a face to face interview. 1 week later, I had an hour long face to face interview with the hiring manager on site.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you made a decision without all of the factors available   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you managed a high pipeline; what did you do to ensure quality was maintained?   Answer Question

Fraudulent Crimes Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview----->Physical Interview. Process took a couple weeks. A staffing agency helped connect me to Wells Fargo. After I passed the phone interview, the staffing agency started looking for suitable roles. They would then call me and let me know of a potential position that I would fit in. The staffing agency likes to do background checks and tax forms before and final interview to get it all out of the way.