Welltower Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Welltower

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Welltower (Toledo, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

HR was profoundly unprofessional. Upon initial contact, interest was displayed on both sides, but no follow up was done for at least a month. I was flown out two separate times to Toledo for super day's with multiple vp's in investments. Hiring manager initially said we would be told within a week. After creating excuses for multiple weeks, an answer was finally given more than two months after the interview. The overall process was as unprofessional as could possibly be imagined. Having discussed with other candidates who went through the same process, the consensus is that the companies hr practices left a bad taste.

Interview Questions

• Questions about real estate modeling and valuation. Highly subjective interviews, more of a conversation between two sides than an actual interview.   Answer Question

Welltower Response

Jun 7, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you had a negative experience. The Company and our Human Capital team manage many competing priorities and this recently delayed some hiring decisions... More

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Welltower.

Interview

General fit questions and gauging company interest. May ask general real estate questions to test knowledge. A small excel modeling test with IRR's, cap rates, etc. Meet with multiple people for 20 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Why toledo? Why HCN? Why real estate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Small amount of negotiation

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Welltower (Jupiter, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Multiple interviews both in person and video conferencing to ask the same questions over and over, but from different individuals. Waisted a lot of time. In all I spent around 9 hours interviewing.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Welltower (Toledo, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Met an HR rep at a school career fair. Received a first-round screening call that seemed to be targeted towards making sure you're interested in position. Second-round is a screening call with higher-up director. Second round call is mostly personality / culture fit questions. If you pass second rounder they may fly you to Toledo for a marathon in-person.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one or two tasks from the job description that you are particularly interested in or feel you are most qualified to perform.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

First round phone interview. Second round - four 20 minute interviews at corporate office w/ mid mgmt and excel test. Process was very slow. Too much time in between first and second rounds.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Welltower (Toledo, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Had a telephone interview. Then Was flown into Toledo, Ohio later in the week. Met with 6 different interviews and had lunch in the office. Interviews were mostly personal. No real technical questions except how much excel knowledge I have. I didnt get the offer, was very surprised, come from target school. Everyone was very friendly.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview with mostly behavioral questions, then superday at headquarters with 5-6 interviewers back to back. Easy and friendly process overall. Building is beautiful and modern. Location however, is in the suburbs of Toledo - it is close to Ann Arbor, but there is not much there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict. Thoughts on the real estate market. Know occupancy and cap rates   Answer Question