Wendy's General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wendy's General Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wendy's (Harrisonburg, VA).

Interview

I was brought into one of the store's sat down and ask Bunch questions regarding my past work experience why I wanted to join the company and why was a good fit

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wendy's

Anonymous Employee in Parma, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wendy's (Parma, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a very easy interview to me. Was contacted by a recruiter to set up a one on one interview with her and then a week later was contacted by the district manager for a second 1 on 1. then i was offer the job.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wendy's (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It was a 3 interview process over the course of 1 month. the first was a job fair then the other 2 were one one one with 2 District Managers

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wendy's (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

they use a two interview process, with open ended questions. they are looking for people with strong core values, and great guest service. they ask about pass problems, and how you acted, when they occurred. you need to be upbeat, and friendly.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time you had with another manager, and how did you handle problem, give me names, and details   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked, the pay scale before the interview, They gave me a offer, and I waited, one day to accept.
    The sent letter with offer, with start day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wendy's (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Short and sweet direct to the point very formal yet comfortable talking to manager clean establishment everyone was friendly plus I love the food there so I knew that I'd love it to work there.wendys has the best fries ever and to be able to get paid and eat free food sounds perfect to me

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wendy's.

Interview

Filled out online application with supplemental questions. Was very straight forward. Received a call with a couple of days for interview with the district manager. Interview was approximately an hour of situational questions. Ended with interviewer sharing that there was not even an open GM position and that they do not hire GM's that have not been in the fast food industry and worked their way up.

Interview Questions

• Would you accept a position as an assistant manager until there is an opening for a GM that you may be able to work your way into?   1 Answer

Offered a lower position

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wendy's (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

I was asked a series of questions based upon a specific situation, behavior, and outcome in regards to customer service, taking initiative, interaction with others, making hard decisions based upon knowledge of situation.

Interview Questions

• What was a hard decision for you to make?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wendy's (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I'm still in the process. Initial response with the District Manager was very prompt and interview was professionally conducted within a week of me be contacted over the phone. Expect variations of the 3 questions. [Can you do the Job? Do you want the Job? and do I want to work with you.] I'm still waiting to schedule my next interview with the Director of area ops.

Interview Questions

• I'm sure variations of this have been used before by I was caught a little guard when asked how I would handle working for someone less intelligent than myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pending. will revise later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wendy's (Burlington, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Submitted on-line application with resume attached for a position as General Manager. During phone interview was advised that they were not actually seeking a general manager and that GMs were promoted from within.

Interview Questions

• Due to having extensive business managment experience, was asked why I would consider a position in a fast food environment with varying shifts and closing responsibilities.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wendy's (Columbus, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Panel Interview. Open-ended situational questions. "Tell me about a time you..." that sort of thing. Pretty standard interview questions. Face-to-face interview. Mine was an internal interview, as I was moving up from a subordinate position. Expect to meet with someone from Human Resources and someone from Operations, typically the Area Director. District Manager might be involved, but might not. There is a background check, but no skills tests, drug test or credit check.

Negotiation

Negotiating isn't really possible for an internal position. You might have some leverage salary-wise as an external applicant, but benefits are non-negotiable. Those won't deviate from what everyone else at that level gets.