Wendy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

1.7

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prince Frederick, MD

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Wendy's (Prince Frederick, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and then I was called in for an interview a week later. It was a calm experience, and the manager was really nice to me. I was able to answer the questions.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wendy's (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Long wait, because they are still open serving customers so you have to wait for managers to get free. But its a pretty straight forward process once they start, not a lot of pauses

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to perform under pressure?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wendy's.

Interview

Horrible experience. The Wendy's Manager called me on a Wednesday for an interview, but I was out of town, so I rescheduled the interview.

The day of the interview: I went to Wendy's only to be shut down because no knew nor heard of my interview. One of the employers treated me like I was slow saying the address because they didn't know about the interview. Another employer wrote down my information and til this day I've never received a call back.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wendy's (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online (Friday) July 29, 2016, and I got a call from the hiring manager on (Monday) August 1st, 2016. She set me up for an interview Wednesday the 3rd of August at 9am. When I got there, the store was barely crowded which was great, we were able to have a nice calm interview. I arrived 15 minutes before my interview, and I told them that I was there. It's great to show up early. I had to sit in the waiting area until 9:30 at my interview time. During that time, I refreshed on some great interview skills (i.e, EYE CONTACT, outspoken, and so forth) When she finally came out, I shook her hand and introduced myself in an orderly fashion. She asked A LOT of questions, but it was nothing that I couldn't handle. I made sure to smile, and we also laughed occasionally. I was honest about everything. I told her about prior experience, explained that I can deal with the workload, and also told her that I am willing to work at any time during the weekends, and I am also willing to work during the school year. She was a very nice lady, and she basically kept saying "if you're hired..." and she told me that it's rare they call back the same day, so give it a few days. I was VERY happy when I got a call back the same day I had my interview. Literally 12 hours later, but she told me to come in for orientation tomorrow, so I am very exited to finally be working again at 16 so I can support myself

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Give an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Why do you want to work for Wendys?
      Tell me about your experience?
      Why did you leave your old job?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Commerce Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wendy's (Commerce Township, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Called this morning and asked if I could come in at 4. The lady was desperate for a front register clerk. Asked when I was available and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to start?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wendy's (Aurora, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

She asked me a bunch of questions from a book that didn't matter because I was guarenteed the job anyways. A lot of the questions were "tell me about a time when you" questions. It was incredibly casual, and done in the lobby of the resturaunt.
    Was incredibly easy, and anyone could pass this..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you helped someone when you weren't asked to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wendy's (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

It was pretty easy. Went in and sat down, and he asked me a bunch of customer service questions, like what would I do if a certain scenario happened. You answer the questions to the best of your ability, and they will usually hire anyone as long as your background check checks out okay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wendy's (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Manager called me to come to Wendy's and sat down with me, asked me a few questions and explained what he was looking for. Made me talk to the current employee for the position I was supposed to take over and ended up liking my interest in the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Wendy's?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wendy's.

Interview

I met at the manager at Wendy's. He asked the normal questions and it was a quick process. It seemed to help to smile and generally seem happy and upbeat.

Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wendy's in July 2016.

Interview

The process was simple. I applied maybe 2 weeks ago online. Maybe 3-4 days later I called and asked for an update on my application. She said she would be going on maternity leave so the other manager could interview me. She told me to reapply though because I messed my hours up. Once I did,she sent me an interview request within 30 min and I accepted. Went on an interview this past Thursday. The guy was really chill and laid back. This is my first job. He just asked my availability,what Id like to do at Wendy's,my future,he told me to tell him about myself. I remained professional and calm. His funny attitude made me relax more. At the end,he told me he wanted to give me a chance. He told me to come back the next day to do paperwork and bring my SS#. I came that Friday(my mom wanted nuggets so she and my dad came too 😐,which he didn't mind),filled out the paperwork,and now I'm an official member. He didn't have my shirt at the moment,guess I'll get it when I start. I said I can start next Monday. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I asked him the pay. Minimum wage is $7.25 but he said he pays $7.75. The other place I applied at offers $9/hour. But I declined that one,I feel more comfortable here. Sometimes your greed has to come last.