Wente Vineyards Interview Questions in Livermore, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Wine Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wente Vineyards (Livermore, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview took place on a job fair day, so lots of people were coming in to be interviewed. After signing in, one individual interviewed you. If you pass this round, then you were interviewed by two more people. If this went well, a third group of people interviewed you. If you passed that, then you were offered a position. Then you were asked to complete a drug test, and scheduled a meeting with HR to complete paperwork. Overall positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Please describe a positive customer service experience.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wente Vineyards (Livermore, CA).

Interview

I was promoted from within, but had to pass a food server examination that was not too difficult. Prior to my working there, it was difficult to move up the ladder, but management changed hands during my employment and now promote from within. The restaurant management staff is highly trained and very well experienced and knowledgeable of the restaurant.

Interview Questions

• What are 4 things that you must contribute to as a food server?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wente Vineyards (Livermore, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I called recruiter, HR called me for a phone screening next week. Screening was followed by three interviews: one with an IT consultant, a group panel interview with IT Team and another group panel interview with one of the owners and the VP of Operations.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Wente?   1 Answer

Catering Seasonal Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wente Vineyards (Livermore, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Emailed in resume. I found the job on craigslist. Got a call about a month after I emailed in resume. Came in for interview and talked to head chef. Scheduling availability was hard because they have concerts that need people to work so having a second job can be challenging.

Wine Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wente Vineyards (Livermore, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Job fair with a 2 interview process. You first interview with one of the managers. Then if you pass that interview you move on to the next round being interviewed once again. Then if all checks out you do an on site drug test. After that they contact you with the results.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wente Vineyards (Livermore, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Quick, fast, efficient, easy. Thorough explanation of job and duties as well as open to answering any questions I may have had about the position. Great place to work with a family friendly environment. Flexible hours and nice coworkers. Set back in a nice area of livermore with a lot of nature. The wine is delicious and so is the food. I could just eat and eat and eat it all day long.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wente Vineyards (Livermore, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR to setup a 1 hour phone interview with the IT manager and another staff member. HR person was helpful and friendly at first. Interview was average, technical questions not too hard, just probing my own background for a fit with their organization.

Mostly disappointed by the lack of followup by this company. Sent two emails to the HR person, one for a immediate followup and thanks for the interview setup, and one to check on status of interview one week later. Absolutely no response given. What does it tell you about a company when they can't take the time to respond with a simple email? How responsive would they be to your needs as an employee?

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wente Vineyards (Livermore, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

filled out an extremely long online application. Was called for a phone interview a couple weeks later (took 15 min). Was contacted a few days later for an in-person interview. Everyone I talked to was very nice and very helpful.