Wentworth Institute of Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Wentworth Institute of Technology

2.5

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wentworth Institute of Technology (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

My interviewer was very friendly and nice. It was a very simple interview for work study. It was pretty much a guaranteed job if you fit in the schedule. The interview did not last that long either, it was a short 5-10 minute interview. Overall, it was simple, easy and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any technical experience in dealing with electronic devices before?   Answer Question

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wentworth Institute of Technology.

Interview

Taught a mock class in front of panel based on the subjects I was interviewing for. Tried to show how I would engage students in a real classroom, how grading would be, activities and homework policies.

Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wentworth Institute of Technology in August 2013.

Interview

Applied for a position through WIT's online application process, which was fairly standard in that regard. Eventually was approached for a phone interview via email. However after replying to the email about the scheduled interview appointment time I did not receive a replied confirmation until the day before the day before the actual interview (i.e. I was given several dates and times that were available and after my selection I was not notified until just before that we would be speaking at the one I had chosen). This may just be a pet peeve of mine, as they did contact me and I was given my chosen time slot, but was sitting on pins and needles leading up to that.

The interview itself was standard and average in most respects, with nothing out of the ordinary with regard to this position.

After the completion of the interview we discussed the schedule for the process. I was told a time frame, I believe it was to be within two weeks, that I would be informed if I was to move on or not. Two weeks came and went without a word. After the third week I emailed the person I interviewed with, but I heard no reply for over another week. Eventually I received a standard "Sorry, but..." email from a different administrator.

It is very easy to send out a "No" to someone if they are not in the running, either by yourself or have the automatic system do it for you (even easier), instead of wasting everyone's time not replying to inquiries. Simple as that.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual or particularly difficult was asked outside of typical admissions interview questions.   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wentworth Institute of Technology (Boston, MA) in August 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by a former department head. This person looked at my resume and hired me on the spot. Seemed as if they were desperate for people.

Interview Questions

• There are no questions that stand out in my mind per se.   1 Answer

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Wentworth Institute of Technology (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Full day interview. Met faculty/staff. Short 30 min interviews, couldn't really get a feel for the people or institution.

New department is not organized well, they have too many "bosses" and no clear direction. They couldn't get students to show up to scheduled interview times. Referred to their own students as "good, but not great". What an insult to the students.

Interview Questions

• Typical faculty search questions. What research do you want to do, what classes can you teach.   1 Answer

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wentworth Institute of Technology (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Online application. Phone interview with two people from department. In person interview with two Human Resources personnel. In person interview with Director of Library and a senior Library. Tour and introductions to all staff members, which was also part of the interview. The opinions of these co-workers factored into the decision-making process. Overall an average process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with course reserves?   2 Answers

Academic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wentworth Institute of Technology (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was not interviewed initially, but was hired through an agency (Professional Staffing Group) on a temp to perm basis. After 3 months, I was able to transition to permanent status. I had to submit a cover letter and resume, but the department chair was happy to hire me based on my work so far. Then I had an interview with HR about my expectations and goals for a career at Wentworth, which focused around my strengths and weaknesses, the areas of the job I liked the most and where I saw myself in 5 years.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wentworth Institute of Technology (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was first interviewed by phone with a hiring manager in Human Resources. After this initial screening, I went on campus for a multi-part interview. First, with the person on the phone, next with the senior officer in the department and finally with the manager I would report to. I felt the interview with the senior manager went very well and she all but made the offer official in our chat. The manager that I would report to was luke warm. I did not get to interview with colleagues in the department or campus partners. I did, on a subsequent visit, meet with the one subordinate staff member reporting to the position I applied. The information given was positive and reflected very well on the Institution. However, in looking back, the information was not accurate or truthful for the position after the initial Human Resource meeting. The office environment was cold, not welcoming. The space was quiet and not conducive to collegial partnerships. Those were first impressions.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with this type of industry specific institution; tell my story, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate, within the parameters of the information I was given, and based on my former salary. However, I would advise that health insurance is more costly here than at other institutions; the work week is 43.5 hours with 5 hours being take for lunch (some departments rarely are able to take lunch) and not a 40 week like most institutions. Parking has a monthly charge. There is wiggle room in each position posted.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wentworth Institute of Technology (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Apply by email, and got called in for the interview. The process did not take more than a week to get the offer. The offer then be sent over email with a schedule of work.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the previous work experience   1 Answer

Assistant Professor - Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wentworth Institute of Technology (Boston, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

Expect a rigorous phone interview with management and HR. Except a sample lecture to a class. Have names of three references available, all will be called and rigorously questioned before an offer. Expect to meet the rest of the faculty members and have a lengthy campus tour. Look interested and amazed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonexistent. It was "here's what we can pay."