West Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

West Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at West Corporation

2.5

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at West Corporation.

Interview

I applied through Indeed. I got invited to my interview the day after and scheduled my interview for the next day. I got hired 1 day after my interview

Interview Questions

• They asked about my sales experience (zero, none), but I still got hired. They asked about my personality in terms of sales. They also asked about my previous work experiences.   Answer Question

West Corporation Response

Oct 12, 2017 – HR Director

Welcome aboard! We appreciate you taking time to write a review on your interviewing experience. Thanks for choosing West!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at West Corporation (Omaha, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 people from the team that was hiring. Two were developers, and one was the manager. Approximately 50 minutes of the interview consisted of the two developers asking various technical questions. The last 10 minutes was the manager asking some general questions.

The technical questions were fast paced and covered unix commands, SQL and database, and some java.

Interview Questions

• Write a loop in any programming language that you like that will calculate the first 10 Fibonacci numbers.   Answer Question
    • In SQL what is the difference between a join and a union?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Corporation in April 2017.

Interview

Quickly reviewed qualifications then went over the position. He wanted to make sure I knew health benefits didn't start until after 60 days employment. I was verbally surprised and he asked if I wanted to continue on in the process. I said yes. From there he scheduled a phone interview with software manger.

Day of interview the appointment was changed. Then it needed to be changed again. Then I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with benefits not starting until after 60 days of employment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at West Corporation (Omaha, NE) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very professional, and mostly over the phone.
    I have an initial interview with the HR department which gathered some very basic skill level information -- followed up a few weeks later by an interview with the Director of the team for which I was applying.
    The Director was very direct and up front with the questions being asked and allowed to an opportunity to ask any questions I had of him about the position and company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• What types of team members would I prefer to not work with?   1 Answer

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Corporation (Omaha, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called by HR and asked for a time slot I would be available for the interview. The process was quick and I was contacted by HR and informed about the result

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at West Corporation in April 2018.

Interview

I received a call to schedule an interview, after I scheduled the in person interview I did a phone interview to get the background questions out of the way. The interview was very casual. It was almost like talking with a group of friends. I was told about the company and the environment. I sent a follow up email about a week after to check on my status. A week after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you did not meet a goal and what did you do to improve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Corporation (Omaha, NE) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter via email to set up an initial onsite interview with her. All communication and correspondence was clear, precise and quick. There was a bad storm coming on the day of the interview and the recruiter reached out to me two days before to reschedule so I didn’t have to drive in the snow storm. I met with her and she made it very comfortable. The questions were about my resume and background. I asked a few questions and the recruiter answered them all thoroughly. She set up the 2nd interview during that time with the hiring manager. She sent me a confirmation email with whom I’d be interviewing with, times, where to meet and other information. She also included more in-depth answers to the questions I asked during the interview which I thought was very cool! I met with the hiring manager who provided an awesome description of the job, the company and where it is going. She asked about my background and how I react to certain environments and situations. She made it clear it's not just about them, they wanted to ensure West is a good fit for me as well. About a week went by and I reached out the recruiter again to check on the status. I was promptly replied to; being told where they were at in the process and when I should hear back. I received a follow up email on the date she said I would hear back to set up a 3rd interview with the Hiring Manager and another teammate. The third interview, much like the first two were very professional and comfortable. They dove deeper into the job, where they are in the process relative to the department and if I was still interested. I eventually received a call from the recruiter with an offer and accepted, pending a background check. After hearing about the job details during the interview process, I was anxious to get started and I was able to start, if I remember correctly, within 7 days. Overall, the interview process was awesome. All people involved made it very comfortable with great information along the way. The communication was great and all information was correct. I would say this is one of the best hiring process I’ve been a part of, coming from a Fortune 500 company and working in State of Federal Government.

Interview Questions

• Experience, Education, Background, How you deal with people.....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Professional, yet warm. They certainly project a team atmosphere, which is something that attracted me to them in the first place. I loved the energy and enthusiasm of the people.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would help you to flourish in your position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at West Corporation (Appleton, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

Three part interview with a skills/knowledge presentation to show your understanding of how to analyze a data set and prepare a presentation on it.
    Drug Screen and Background Check were required.

Interview Questions

West Corporation Response

May 25, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your initial interest in West and we’re happy to have you on-board. Employee referrals are one of our greatest sources of new talent.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at West Corporation in December 2018.

Interview

The interview process was two part, an initial phone interview, and an in person interview. Both were scheduled around my availability which was great. The interview questions seemed very appropriate to the job position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with a customer, and how it was resolved.   Answer Question