West Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at West Corporation (Valley, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and not as formal as most interviews for an accounting internship. I was offered an interview on a Friday afternoon, had the interview on a Monday and was offered the position that same Friday. They contact you even if you did not get selected for the position applied for. The interview was a panel interview where the panelists asked questions back and forth. It was more of a situational interview and mainly based off of your resume.

Interview Questions

• What accounting/software systems do you have experience with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was made.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Corporation (Appleton, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Quick and to the point. Great job going over the benefits and the culture at West. Made it very clear what the job is and what the daily responsibilities would be for the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a tough time talking to people?   1 Answer

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Corporation (Appleton, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

My interview process was 3 steps.
    - Telephone interview: The telephone interview was actually very easy. It's recorded and you can do it anytime of the day since it's online and gives you the chance to see all the questions at once. You can record your answers and play it back to see if you like this. The telephone interview should take around 15 minutes. They do give you a limited amount of time to answer the question (it'll cut you off if you're answer is too long) so try to have a strategy for how you answer each question.

- In person interview: It took about 2-3 days afterwards when I heard back from West (via telephone and email from someone based in HQ in Omaha) and I was invited for an in-person interview with one of their HR coordinators. It's a very casual interview (though do dress business casual (no jeans)) where you have a chance to ask questions about the position/company. The great thing is that it's more about learning about you so that they can recommend you to the right position for you.

- Hiring Manager: After the in-person interview, they liked me enough that I was referred right away to an interview with two hiring managers for two different projects. If they tell you what projects you'll be interviewing for, do as much research in to each project as possible. It made it easier to relate my previous experiences into the new role that way. The questions are pretty basic and behavioural so have a variety of examples ready.

About 3 days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What does success mean to you?
      Pitch a product you have recently had to sell.
      Have you ever presented a project to hire ups?
      How is your customer service experience/sales?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at West Corporation (Omaha, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 people from the team that was hiring. Two were developers, and one was the manager. Approximately 50 minutes of the interview consisted of the two developers asking various technical questions. The last 10 minutes was the manager asking some general questions.

The technical questions were fast paced and covered unix commands, SQL and database, and some java.

Interview Questions

• Write a loop in any programming language that you like that will calculate the first 10 Fibonacci numbers.   Answer Question
    • In SQL what is the difference between a join and a union?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at West Corporation (Manassas, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy going, no tough questions, you just have to read a script that they give you. They ask about things on your resume. I don't know what else to say but this thing wants me to write 50 words, so here we go. Once upon a time in the forest of England, there was a man who said, "Look over yonder, and thou wilst see what thine heart...."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Done over the phone with recruiter from Georgia.

Customer Service Representative for Medical Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Was quick and easy. They received my resume and called me back with in a week. They scheduled the interview and I spoke with HR and they had me wait in the waiting room. I was then interviewed with the supervisor that was suppose to be mine. He quit two months after hiring me for a better job. Should have known then that the work process was broken.

Interview Questions

• They asked me basic questions of how comfortable I was talking to patients. They also asked how I would deal with a patient who was upset with the product.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation process was ok. I needed special needs due to family issues.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at West Corporation (Middleton, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Was in an office had to suitup, the lady was extremely nice and still hired me even with accommodations. was very easy. I got the job on the spot and was working the next week. The questions really weren't tough at all, all you need is personality.

Interview Questions

• How do I sell this to a customer?   1 Answer

Customer Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at West Corporation in February 2016.

Interview

Applied Online
    1st Assessment - online test - 30 mins. questions about work experience, math, logical and English language questions.
    2nd Assessment - Automated Phone Interview - 15 mins. questions about work experience, skill and behavioral situations in sales experience.

911 Calltaker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at West Corporation (Longmont, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Solicited by email, phone assessment, official phone interview, in person interview with HR, both supervisors, and Manager The problem was one of the Supervisors was very disorganized and it seemed the team was aware - she emailed a date and day that did not match for the interview - no time and no address - I had to clarify which day, what time, and what address! - she didn't send me the security application she was supposed to, didn't even notify the front desk I was coming for an interview and the front desk said "Oh that must have been ***** they always forget to let me know." HR ended up sending the security application. This manager had a chip on her shoulder and was happy to ask questions but if you asked questions of the company and what it was like to work there (because the Glassdoor reviews are terrible!) she was very defensive and said it wasn't their responsibility to make employees happy, asked about if she noticed that employees with hobbies and passions were more productive she stated we don't get involved in our employees lives at all.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal what would you be?   1 Answer

Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Corporation.

Interview

Must apply online initially followed by 120 question test that is taken online. If you pass the online test then you move on to the next step. Initial interview is with Recruiting over the phone. Then followed by a second interview with the hiring manager in person.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you received negative feedback from your boss and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to motivate people.   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question