West Monroe Partners Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

West Monroe Partners Consultant Interview Questions

3.1

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners.

Interview

They cancelled and rescheduled many times. When I rescheduled I did not hear from them for a long time and the next communication was a standard email saying the position is no longer available.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past projects and what did you like about them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for West Monroe Partners

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 3 in person interviews. In person interviews were technical, "fit", and a case interview. The case interview was in the advanced analytics department and was very easy.

Interview Questions

• What is a self-join in SQL?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

First, spoke with HR on the phone to see if I had the technical background. Then, moved forward to an in-person interview with a supervisor. After that, scheduled a four hour interview to meet with multiple employees (separately). This interview focused on four particular areas: fit, behavioral, technical and a case study. It was rather easy-going and all the interviewers were great to speak with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I met a few consultants at various industry nights and career fairs on campus. I applied through my school's career website and made it to the first round interview. It was about a half hour with a recruiter, and questions were all fairly run of the mill behavioral. I got an email that night saying I didn't make the next round. Had I, it would have been an on campus case interview the next day. Everyone I talked with through the whole process was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a tough decision? What did you do?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Met West Monroe at a campus career fair and, after sharing my information with the rep, was invited for an on-campus interview. The first day was behavioral and the second interview (offer contingent upon the performance in the first) was a case interview. The first rep convinced me to apply for a Mergers & Acquisition position rather than Operations Excellence, which might have influence the outcome to the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Recommend how a technology company should upgrade their data storage capabilities (case)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

West Monroe recruits on campus at my university. They specifically recruit my major and held a pre-career fair event for my major and another. After career fair, those who talked to them (not sure if specially selected or not - but I think maybe given the high quality selection of my peers) were invited to a networking event. After, we were offered first round behavioral interviews on campus. The interviews were typical behavioral questions with themes such as initiative, challenge, leadership, teamwork. There were only 5 questions. It was very conversational. After that, some were selected for second round case interviews. Then third round is office visit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you took initiative in something and it paid off?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

First day of interviews was behavioral with basic questions. If you passed that, they immediately had us do a case interview the next day. They would then let us know same day whether we would go into the final round of interviews, which was at the office. Office interviews consisted of one more interview with a manager and a couple sessions to explain what WMP and their various practices are about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Columbus, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews then an all day event in Columbus. There was a case study. Everyone was really friendly and made the process much more enjoyable than normal interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 3 on-site interviews. The first one was HR interview and then I went to Chicago office and took three interviews, 40mins each, 2 HR intervews and then my manager interviewed me. After I passed that, I was scheduled to talk to the Senior Manager on the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Started with an on-campus event and a short meet and greet. Eventually, about 3 weeks later, they got around to calling me back for an on-campus interview where they asked about my course load and some relevant work experience.

After about a week, I received an email that I was invited to be a part of an interview session in the Seattle office. Here, they taught about 18 of us about the company and the direction its headed, as well as what they do on a day to day basis.

They were very nice and happy to see a bunch of young potential new employees.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to abnormal for a consultant position. There was a case interview, a normal interview, and lunch with other members of the company, which isn't listed as an interview but definitely seemed like one.   Answer Question