West Monroe Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

West Monroe Partners Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview with a senior employee. This was then followed by several in person interviews of various types (behavioral, case, fit). I met with people at various levels.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a recruiting manager, who essentially transcribed by resume and skills as I described them. Then, there was another phone interview with a software engineer to go over my technical skills and experience.
    I was invited for an on-site interview, which consisted of four 1 on 1s. The first was a technical case interview. This was followed by a technical interview to test my software skills. Then, there were two behavioral interviews to assess if the company was a good cultural fit. During these last two, the employees were extremely honest about both the good and bad qualities of the firm.
    A major complaint that I had with this interview process was that I was not reimbursed for travel expenses (over $300) for around 6 months, which is a long time as a college student with limited income. The HR rep I was in touch with booked me a hotel room in a relatively expensive hotel, but then had me pay for the room and get reimbursed later. This was very unexpected and the late reimbursement was extremely inconvenient.

Interview Questions

• The technical case interview seemed to be the largest and most significant part of the interview process, but it did not require much in the way of technical capabilities. The topic of the case was advising a prospective client on how to create a mobile app for their platform.   Answer Question

Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

1st round - all behavioral. All of the typical questions apply. My best advise would be to devise a compelling story that illustrates your point, and try to have a conversation with your interviewer. They try to set the interview up like having a conversation, so don't deny them that.

2nd round in Chicago. 3 interviews. a. Case interview b. Behavioral / Technical Interview c. Lunch interview.

The behavioral interviewer asked me about basic programming topics like what is OOP, about current events, and about other behavioral topics.

The lunch interview was not stated as an interview, but it definitely was in my opinion. They want to get to know if you will fit the company culture. You are paired with two employees and another candidate and you have lunch.

Interview Questions

• I had a really hard time with the case interview. It was over implementing an IT infrastructure with four options using a combination of legacy systems or new support systems. As with usual case interviews, you are given little direction and you are forced to ask the right questions to your interviewer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Very basic process. There was a phone screening consisting of usual interview questions as well as some general conversation. I was invited to the offices in Downtown Chicago. There were 4 interviews conducted in person- values, behavioral, skills, and case. All were very targeted but straightforward. The interviewers were very friendly and the office was quite impressive.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners.

Interview

Given the case interview first then the behavioral after that. The case wasn't too bad and we talked for a bit when I was finished. The behavioral was easy because the recruiter was easy going.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners.

Interview

I got a phone interview and they talked with me for about 30 minutes but he called me an hour earlier than was planned. (I think he purposely did that)

Interview Questions

• Do you want to continue doing technical stuff as a career later on?   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Reached out to people I knew inside the company. Was therefore surprised by the borderline sleazy way I was treated. Interview was set for a full morning, with a series of 1:1s with people I would be working with, both on the IT side, and on the business side.

Logistics of interviewing were sub-par. I ended up going to WMP on four separate occasions to meet the scheduling needs of all the people who needed to talk with me, and at the end I was told it was "not a good fit" without getting any useful feedback about why not. Clearly it wasn't straightforward, or there should have been no need to take so much of my time. I was especially disappointed that the person who would have been my boss, with whom I have a number of joint acquaintances, never called to close the loop.

Absolutely no overt discrimination, but on the ground, the culture is very much about white males who have been at WMP for a long time or who used to work at Arthur Anderson. I didn't mind dodging what likely would have been a bullet, in terms of bad fit between me and the environment, but didn't appreciate the dragged out process.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions around SDLC, software architecture, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners in November 2013.

Interview

In person, 30 minutes. Discussed my resume and why I applied to WMP and what I liked about WMP. Overall, straightforward. Behavioral and nothing too difficult. Make sure to be prepared regarding what the company does and areas you are interested in as it will come up in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute phone call. I was then invited to their office in Chicago for a behavioral interview, a case interview, and a technical interview. I was also given a tour of their office and had lunch with some of the people that'd I'd work with if I were offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made promises that you knew you couldn't keep?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the company website, and received an email from their talent acquisition office about two weeks later. I had an initial phone interview with someone from the talent acquisition office, followed by another phone interview with a hiring manager, and finally an office interview at their Chicago offices. Overall, the experience was very positive, and everyone I spoke with from West Monroe was great!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had fun in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you went above and beyond what was expected of you.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners.

Interview

The interview was in two parts. The first was behavioral where I was asked questions about my club, class/project experience. The second interview was a case study. The case study was pretty easy if you took HS math.