West Monroe Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

3.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people working in the team. All the interviews were behavioural. I did not get a case interview. They were very professional and kept me informed throughout the process.

Customer Experience Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I flew to San Francisco at my own expense for a consultant-level interview at an MBA recruiting event. I had a 30-minute in-person interview with an engagement manager at the event. Questions were behavioral, and I thought the interview went well. The communication after the interview, however, was poor. Despite following up with my interviewer, and emailing the recruiting team twice in the next three weeks, I never received any response. I think this was because my original recruiter left the company. Still, I was not impressed that the firm sent no response, either positive or negative, after the interview.

Infrastructure Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners.

Interview

Multiple interviews and a case that was very general and more tailored to how you think rather than the right answer. Then a super day in office on a Friday, the following Wednesday they gave me an offer.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The onsite interview was very positive and low stress. I met with five team members and had a technical interview with two of those people. The interview process was serial interviews with each person at about one hour per interviewer and the whole process last about half the day. The office space is very impressive and is open space concept.

Interview Questions

• What was a project that you worked on that went wrong and how did you fix the issues?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners.

Interview

I got a phone interview and they talked with me for about 30 minutes but he called me an hour earlier than was planned. (I think he purposely did that)

Interview Questions

• Do you want to continue doing technical stuff as a career later on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners in February 2017.

Interview

Started out with a phone call from the recruiter asking general questions about my resume and my interest in West Monroe. Led to a behavioral phone interview with a practice manager who has more behavioral and technical questions to grasp my background. After this, there was a 3.5 hour in office interview with a senior consultant (Technical interview), Senior Director (Whether you're a fit), 2 practice managers (onsite Case Study and Behavioral).

Interview Questions

• For the case study, they provide a passage that is read and explained during the interview. It is your responsibility to breakdown how you will accomplish the tasks as a west monroe consultant while managing client and vendor relationships.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners in February 2017.

Interview

Came to my university for the career fair, so I spoke to one of the employees. A week after that I was invited to an on-campus interview which consisted of a behavioral and case interview. Within 24 hours I was invited to the half-day office interview where each candidate had two individual interviews (skills and fit). Then meeting two senior managers and three senior consultants. Within 4 days I received a job offer.

Advanced Analytics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners in January 2017.

Interview

Included multiple phone screenings and an in-person half day interview with behavioral, technical, case, and fit components. All employees I interacted with were nice and gave me the impression I was an excellent candidate. However, the recruiter did not follow up with me, which I consider unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They're looking for project-specific examples for behavioral questions, so prepare several specific examples before your interview.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter on campus who set me up with an interview right away. Interview day lasted about 5 hours with different people from the office. Some were more informational and others had the feel of a traditional Q and A interview. And there was a "case," although I am not convinced that WMP really knows how to administer a case interview in the usual sense.

Interview Questions

• They asked about examples of when I had showed critical thinking, initiative, and leadership.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process as written on their website - no surprises, especially prepare for case study question. HR professional responsive (via voice mail and email) and pleasant, providing detailed explanations (company overview and benefits) and moving interview process forward.