West Monroe Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

West Monroe Partners Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2018

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview with a senior employee. This was then followed by several in person interviews of various types (behavioral, case, fit). I met with people at various levels.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners.

Interview

Interview was longer than average. Applied through my University's career forum and received an invitation via email. 90 minute interview, with both case and behavioral portions. Case was relatively straightforward and conversational. Behavioral was average so far as questions asked. A write up of the case interview was required to be turned in within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to work with someone who had a different style to you.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the company website, and received an email from their talent acquisition office about two weeks later. I had an initial phone interview with someone from the talent acquisition office, followed by another phone interview with a hiring manager, and finally an office interview at their Chicago offices. Overall, the experience was very positive, and everyone I spoke with from West Monroe was great!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had fun in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you went above and beyond what was expected of you.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a very brief phone screen with a recruiter as the first step. This was several months after applying online, but the process moved quickly once it finally started. After the phone screen, I was scheduled for an onsite interview. I interviewed with four people, all back to back, and about 45 minutes each. Each interview had a different focus: one was behavioral, one was skills based, one was cultural fit, and one was a traditional case interview. They were all somewhat conversational, but they definitely have specific questions/structure to the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your leadership style? What attracted you to consulting?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

Interview

Given the case interview first then the behavioral after that. The case wasn't too bad and we talked for a bit when I was finished. The behavioral was easy because the recruiter was easy going.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners.

Interview

I can't seem to get the phone interview with the recruiter re-scheduled...initial call to me went right to voicemail, unfortunately. Have tried several times to re-connect but to no avail...very disappointed in the lack of response from this individual...makes me question the integrity of this company especially with the number of very positive reviews here on GD.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was broken into two parts: a 45 minute to 1 hour long case interview, followed by 30 min behavioral interview. Each were carried out by one member of the recruitment panel. Case interview was used old format and obscure questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach working on a project with someone who had very different views from you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners.

Interview

The interview was in two parts. The first was behavioral where I was asked questions about my club, class/project experience. The second interview was a case study. The case study was pretty easy if you took HS math.

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview is split into two parts, behavioral and case. The case interview comes first. You sit down in a room with an assessor and review the case. You are allowed to ask questions, take notes, make calculations, and see graphs/charts displaying more information. After half an hour, you must present the case to the assessor. (*IMPORTANT: Take notes on every part of case interview, as you're required to submit a write up summarizing your case findings within 48 hours after your interview, and don't want to forget any details). I suggest going online for some sample case interviews to prepare what questions you should be asking and how your write up and analysis should look like.
    After your case interview, you go directly to a behavioral interview. The behavioral interview I had, was with a woman from their HR department. She was not very knowledgeable on WMP or their internship programs or incentives, which I thought reflected somewhat poorly on WMP, however she assured me that she had only been with WMP for a few months. Otherwise, I thought the behavioral interview went pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to take initiative over an adverse situation?   1 Answer

Summer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Monroe Partners (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a two step process: a behavioral interview and a case interview. The behavioral interview was fairly standard, and the case interview was an interesting scenario that required sending a follow up summary and recommendation within two days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a significant engineering challenge   Answer Question