West Specialized Agent Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at West Specialized Agent Services (Appleton, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with our Human Resources department to discuss career pathing to ensure that this position would be the best fit for me. I then had interview the next business day. Learned I was offered position 1 day later.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Specialized Agent Services (Appleton, WI).

Interview

I was called in, asked about my experience, and told they needed people for the FedEx program and was hired. It didn't matter who I was or what I did.

This was the quickest and the worst interview ever. I could have done NOTHING in the area before and gotten hired. Could have lied about my experience, and gotten hired. They need bodies as there is so much turnover.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done sales before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No chance to negotiate. I was told this was when it started, and what the pay was. I didn't even know what shift I'd be working. They just said sometime between 7-7.

Wholesale Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at West Specialized Agent Services (Wausau, WI).

Interview

Very easy to go through can apply within the company. Can also speak straight to hr. Online application is very simple to fill out.hr ladies are extremely nice and work with u on availability for interview

Interview Questions

• Why would I be the best candidate.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at West Specialized Agent Services (Appleton, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

2 Part Interview Process - Part 1) I was contacted by HR within 24hrs of submitting my application and I had my interview scheduled during a time that would work for me. Having a full time position elsewhere I thought this scheduling would be difficult but my recruiter worked with me easily. The interview itself was professional and fairly standard, but not in a bad way. General questions about my previous experience, why I chose to apply at WEST, and what I hoped to gain from making the career switch to WEST. At the end of the interview she seemed very pleased with my performance and she immediately searched in her PC for some opportunities within the company that would be a good fit for my skillset. Within minutes she had narrowed down her search and had an interview scheduled for me the following week within the department she felt would be fit for me.

Part 2) This was the interview with the manager of the department my recruiter felt best fit my skillset. She and I discussed my experience, what I wanted to gain with a career move, potential pay and benefits, and really had some great and friendly discussion. We closed the interview after approximately 45 minutes and she said that if chosen, someone would be in touch with me in a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose to apply to WEST?   1 Answer

Financial Consulting Business Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at West Specialized Agent Services (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The process began with a phone call from one of their in house recruiters, who asked some simple background questions and confirmed that I was interested in employment. When I arrived for an interview with HR, they didn't have me in the system, but went forward anyway. The HR Manager Lynn is great to work with and really streamlined the whole thing as much as possible.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Specialized Agent Services (Appleton, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

Two phone calls from a very nice lady. First phone call, the interview process where she asked your basic questions. Second phone call from the same lady was the second part of the interview process where more in depth questions were asked and an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of how you would handle an altercation with another employee at work?   1 Answer

Senior Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Specialized Agent Services (Appleton, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

Filled out the online application, completed the phone interview, then was selected for a face to face interview by management. Was later offered the position. Overall process took me two weeks to be promoted in the department I currently working in.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you would do if you were promoted to Senior Customer Care Associated   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at West Specialized Agent Services (Wausau, WI).

Interview

Detailed filled with information, very personable approach. The HR manager was very helpful in answering my questions, they also provided time for me to meet with one of the associates to get an idea of their day to day job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• What makes me a good candidate for West   1 Answer

Director Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at West Specialized Agent Services (Madison, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Received a call from a headhunter to see if I would be interested in this position. Second interview was with HR and very casual. Third interview with HR was a lot more formal and was then given a date and time to meet with the Vice President.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at West Specialized Agent Services (Appleton, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

I was typically nervous as one would be in a job interview. My interviewer was "laid back" and quickly put me at ease. He was very interested in my past experience in programming and in my problem solving skills/abilities. He told me a lot about the company and about the technologies used. There was a "test" in which I was asked to answer questions and enter code to perform certain things. An internet connection was provided and I was encouraged to use Google if needed. The test was not to see if I had memorized the right code snippets to get through the interview but rather to evaluate my ability to research and find answers to problems.

Interview Questions

• One question I was asked is how would I troubleshoot errors in code if the ability to step through the code did not exist.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the salary I asked for.