West Unified Communication Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.6

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I interviewed at West Unified Communication Services (Arlington, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Initially I spoke with the recruiter. She then moved me to the second round which was a meeting with the Hiring Director. He and I hit it off well, and he scheduled me to speak with one of his direct reports; who would also be my peer. He and I had a great conversation as well. The recruiter called me and said I received really good feedback. she requested that I fill out some paperwork, because they are looking for move fast with bringing me on.

I filled out the documents and I never heard from her again. She would not respond to my emails and ignored my calls. It's a shame that these great companies have such poor representation when it comes to their recruiters. If someone spends days and hours interviewing with your company, you should at least let them know you're not moving forward with them.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment at your previous job?   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Unified Communication Services (Louisville, KY) in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed above my knowledge level by mistake. We conducted the interview and after talking it out, I was offered a position as a Tier 1 Network Engineer. They were accommodating and provided lots of information regarding the company and how they operated. I was quite pleased that they worked with me to find a position rather than outright decline me for the one applied for and leaving it up to me to find the appropriate spot on my own.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an SNMP Trap and Poll   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at West Unified Communication Services (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

very nice culture,, no much waiting, very nice people, Prepare and go, nice work atmosphere, good work life balance, flex timings, no much pressure,
    got a call from HR,
    3 rounds of interview

HR round
    Technical round
    and final round

processed very fast and offered

Healthcare Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at West Unified Communication Services (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received prompt response from the organisation. There was a relatively shorter phone screening interview followed by in-person interview in length. Interviewer was knowledgeable and friendly. Many questions from past work experience relevant to the position were asked. Overall it was a pleasant experience. Recommendation: Prepare behavioural questions (situational based) such as tell me a time when ........

Interview Questions

• How would you show empathy towards a grieving customer on phone?   Answer Question

Bridge Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Unified Communication Services (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Within 2 weeks, I had one in house computer test interview, and three in person interviews (the last two were on the same day, and was offered the job on the spot). Testing on the computer lasted about 20-25 minutes, the in house testing lasted 20-30 minutes, each of the in person interviews last about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What if you and a coworker were having an issue getting along, how would you go about dealing with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have a negotiation phase.

Support First Line Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at West Unified Communication Services (Leicester, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial phone call from recruiter asking why I want the job and a Face to face interview, very formal and grilling.
    Interview turn around time is really and given up to an hour for interview

Interview Questions

• Usual questions, knowledge of the company, talk about skills and positions.
      No test was given.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at West Unified Communication Services in January 2013.

Interview

I was initially sent an email with some basic questions and a request to set up a phone interview with a recruiter in the U.S. Interviewer was very friendly and informal, essentially asked for a summary of my background and where I was looking to go with the company. She did not seem very knowledgeable about the position or the local team. I confirmed this was an entry level/junior position for someone with transferable skills, but not necessarily previous experience in that job title.

She was very complimentary on my skills and said she would forward my application to the hiring manager as she was impressed. I received no communication and notice the competition page had been modified to indicate they were seeking an intermediate or senior technical writer. Disappointed the left hand didn't seem to know what the right one was doing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing overly difficult; linking my varied education to my work history   Answer Question

Solutions Manager/Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Unified Communication Services.

Interview

Two phone interviews with the manager and his director. Questions were pretty standard; no curve balls were thrown. Both guys were nice enough, although not overly personable. Sessions were both very cut & dry… question/answer, question/answer. I was unable to get them engaged in "conversation".

Was disappointed they couldn't take the time for a short email or quick phone call to inform me I had not been selected. Ignoring my follow-up calls & email didn't help.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.
      What organizational methods do you/have you used?
      Give me an example of how you handled an unhappy client.
      Etc...
      All standard stuff….   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Unified Communication Services in July 2009.

Interview

very friendly and informal process, no agressive questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate anything, the salary was fixed.