West Virginia University Assistant Professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

West Virginia University Assistant Professor Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview first. After which they invited for the campus interview. All the arrangements were taken care of the HR of the department. The campus interview spanned for two days. I had a dinner with the the Department faculties the first night. It was a casual interview. The next day there were two presentations before various groups: research presentation and teaching presentation. Throughout the day I met various people in the department as well as the college.

Interview Questions

• What would your students say about your teaching style?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for West Virginia University

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in May 2013.

Interview

Typical academic interview. Started with meeting almost every faculty member in their office for a half hour or so. Then gave a technical talk on my research with only about a 5 minute break. Immediately after that I met with graduate students, then was taken out to dinner. Met with more faculty the following day. While non-stop and exhausting to be "on your game" for the whole day explaining and re-explaining your research, it's really a pretty easy interview process without any formal technical interview.

Interview Questions

• There were only questions related to my talk, but otherwise it's just basic meet and greet type questions and having to intelligently explain my research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview was my first so I can't really base it on anything. The job was posted online and I applied. Everything was what I imagined it to be.