West Virginia University Interview Questions in Morgantown, WV | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.5

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV).

Interview

I was a master's graduate from WVU applying for PhD program. I had interviews with 3 professors. Most of them were interested to know my research background and explained what their groups are working on.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for PhD?
      Why are you interested to join my group?
      Are you familiar with the work done in the group?
      Answer Question

May 23, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for letting us know about your experience!

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in May 2016.

Interview

You provide a list of what courses you have taken, and what classes you would feel comfortable teaching. They give you a fair amount of leeway if you have attended WVU for your undergraduate studies. For certain classes, the teacher's pick which students they want teaching the associated labs. If there is a lab that you really want to teach, it may be worth approaching the associated teacher directly before-hand.

Interview Questions

West Virginia University Response

May 15, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear it's been a positive one.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a combination of group and two private interviews. The group interview showed that you were able to work together with others effectively instead of overshadowing others while ranking safety concerns. Then there were two private interview conducted by a panel of 5 people. 4 of the five people were student resident assistants, and 1 was the resident hall coordinator of a resident hall. Beyond this process, I was also called to two follow up interviews conducted by the Resident Hall Coordinator of the hall I was being considered for.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational questions to see how you would respond to a problem. They also asked questions such as "Why do you think you stand out among all of the other applicants?"   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in February 2016.

Interview

Very informal. Random interview questions. It was very laxed to the point that was wondering if it was a casual conversation. Or a real interview. This most certainly due to WVU not giving sufficient training to their employees. They are about twenty years behind any normal enterprise.

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in February 2016.

Interview

Short and to the point. The guy in HR setting everything up was very nice, but very forgetful. Said he would call me back in 5 minutes with an answer and forgot completely.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weak point.   1 Answer

May 1, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We're sorry to hear that you had issues with your recruiter. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to call us at 304.293.5700. We appreciate your feedback!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in October 2015.

Interview

Aside from taking about 3 months to respond and giving very short notice (<24hr) for the interview, I found WVU's format to be very awkward. A panel of four staff members read questions one after another and were not allowed to comment or respond to me. It was very awkward did not allow for any connection or rapport to form between myself or the interviewers. I assume this is University policy, so I would be prepared to answer in short essay form and know that there will be little opportunity for course correction.

Interview Questions

West Virginia University Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. We'd love to get further feedback from you. Feel free to call us at any time at 304-293-4473.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in May 2015.

Interview

Position was announce publicly, candidates were shortlisted and i was invited for an interview which lasted for about 1 hour by some members of the faculty and later got an email that i have been selected

Graduate Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in March 2015.

Interview

It was formal, very structured yet loosened. The interviewer was very nice and well prepared as was I. They greeted me with a warming smile and I also returned the favor.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied to be a graduate student and a TA, it was just an online skype interview before coming to school, included some normal behavioral questions regarding study and teaching, pretty easy overall

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in January 2015.

Interview

First I interviewed with HR, then the actual department, then there was a background check before I could be officially hired. The HR department typed my answers into an iPad, but I am not sure this interview mattered because they sent me pretty quickly to interview with the department. I think the HR interview could only hurt you if you answered questions really poorly or created huge red flags.

Interview Questions

• Why are you qualified for this position?   1 Answer