WestJet Customer Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WestJet Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WestJet in May 2017.

Interview

They were hiring in my area when I applied so the whole process was pretty quick.
I got an email a week after applied telling me they would like to interview me and outlining the details.
 When I went in for the interview, there was about 10 other people also being interviewed that day. The interviewers were very friendly and made you feel comfortable talking and interacting with them, like you were talking to a friend. They took each one of us in for an indevidual interview where they asked us about ourselves and multiple situational type questions. Once those were finished, we had a group interview. In the group interview we played games, half to talk about a topic for a minute, and just interacted with each other. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIS PART. In the group interview, they look for how you interact with others and if you take control of situations, etc. It is equally as important as the one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for WestJet

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied in February and got an email in the middle of April. It was a group interview and I was really nervous since it looked like I was the youngest and some already worked at the airport. We sat down in different tables and I got to chat with the people at my table just to ease my nervousness. The people from westjet introduced themselves and we introduced ourselves one by one and say something quirky or embarrassing. The west jet people were watching us individually and were writing stuff down. We then did another activity where they gave us a sheet of paper and we all had to go around the room and ask if one person did something for example, go to Mexico and write their name down on your paper. It was really fun! We sat and they did a PowerPoint presentation about the history of west jet then to end things off, we had another activity where we randomly choose a piece of paper and you have to talk about it in front of everyone for a minute. Then I had my one on one interview and it was simple, basic interview questions and the two ladies were super nice! Can't wait to work with them.

Overall, the interview was really fun, a little nerve racking but everybody was so nice and they get you comfortable with people! My advice is to always smile, pay attention, and pretend like you're talking to your friend so you won't be nervous! They're looking for friendly people so make sure you're friendly or you won't get the job.

I got an offer after 3 business days!!

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Nanaimo, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

long 3 hour interview. Started with a group of 16 (out of 463 applicants). The staff all told us about themselves. Then all the applicants stood up and introduced ourselves. We then pulled random topics from a hat that we had to speak about for a minute. We then split into smaller groups to discuss senarios...like a case study. During this time they pulled us aside one by one for our interview. The session ended in questions and answers. We were told we would receive an email in a week, they did not email me for 10-12 days, after I had emailed them to confirm.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WestJet in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by email for a phone interview. The following day had a one-on-one interview and group interview. It was an fun and easy experience but a lot of pressure with a room full of other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult situation with a coworker.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WestJet in February 2016.

Interview

unfair
    There was one on one interview and group interview.
    The group interview was mostly group games/activities and these interviewers were watching you/marking you while you are interacting with other candidates
    The one-on-one interview, questions were very irrelevant to I was applying for.
    overall, they are looking for someone who can they work with greatly rather than people who can be a great employee in terms of work experience. get the idea? get what i mean?
    I was mostly quiet the whole group activities this is probably why I wasn't hired. But being shy at first does not mean you won't do a good job, right?

Interview Questions

• Tell one thing about yourself that people will not expect   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at WestJet in February 2015.

Interview

I received the interview e-mail about a month after applying saying that they wished to interview me on the phone first. The phone interview was short and basic. There was two situational questions asked as well as other basic questions. I was told the interview was the next day and I attended.

The next day I arrived with a group of about fourteen (14) other people.There were four (4) recruiters and they all watch you like hawks for your personality. We were all arranged around a conference table and were asked to perform certain activities. WestJet doesn't necessarily hire for experience but more for a friendly personality. 1) A basic introductory. 2) You get a piece of paper with a topic to talk about in front of everyone for 30 seconds. 3) You get a piece of paper with words and you go around the room asking everyone if they did this to get to know them better. 4) Get in a group and try to sell an item to a customer. (EG. Selling snowplows to Hawaiians). After that, everyone left the room and we were all called individually to 1:1 interview. The questions were easy. And the woman that interviewed me was very friendly and I did not feel one bit nervous as the group activities helped everyone to do so.

I was told I would hear back in three (3) weeks after the interview was done.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at WestJet?
      Q: Tell me about yourself?"
      Q: Tell me about a time that you gave outstanding customer service.
      Q: Tell me one thing that you won't like about this job.
      Q: Tell me about a time when you helped to resolve a problem of an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Great interview ! 15 mi s long! A few behaviour
    Questions very nice lady
    She let me know what was involved in the job title asked if I had any questions for her

Interview Questions

• NMe a time when you went above and beyond for customer service, give some examples of when you helped a coworker at work who seemed upset   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was great went very well they are a great company to work for , happy helpful
    Outgoing

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WestJet in May 2012.

Interview

the hiring and interview process is quite simple, most questions are based on the format of a" situation, tasks, actions and reaction". when prepared, it goes like a breeze, the interviewers are very friendly and they do take notes of the candidates experience all along. It does not take long to get a feedback after the interview whether, it is for a yes or a thanks, but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• finish this sentence: "i don't like it when customers..."   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

A lot about going above and beyond customer service. Referrals very valuable. Phone interview, group interview and small one a one talk.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a client   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not much to negotiate.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2009.

Interview

One interview was conducted with an HR representative and a peer from the frontline included in the room. It was a casual and comfortable interview consisting of behavioural type questions only. No questions were too difficult, they just want to see how you will treat customers and coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to deal with a dissatisfied customer and how did you handle the problem?   Answer Question