WestJet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2017

2.9

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process was not very professional. The interviewers ended up bickering with each other. A full out gossip fest. I was not impressed. They were very confusing and kept wanting me to submit different answers for the same questions. Trying to show favoritism between the two. I would suggest that they correlate and make sure that the interviewers are in sync with each other before they start the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to make a citizen's arrest??   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

Hello it was great to go through the interview came into Westjet for a face to face. . I said I spoke A second language in "learning" the interviewer wrote down my level. Now should I be successful. What kind of second language questions they ask? Just want to be best prepared for that phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online on January 11th, did not get short listed until Monday May 29. Got an email invitation for F2F interview on June 7th. Brought a photocopy of valid passport, updated resume and did a height test. The interview took about 30 mins. I had was told that if I would receive an email within a week or two about whether or not that I have passed. I was also told that if I had failed then I can re-apply after 6 months. The interviewer let me down as she asked if I had questions at the end and immediately stood up when I was going to ask. Later I checked online about the status and it stated "unsuccessful at this time" as the result. Although I did not pass, but I am satisfied with this interview experience. Be confident in yourself and think your answers through and importantly don't be nervous. I wish you all good luck!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WestJet? What inspired you to choose WestJet? Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer, what was the result? A time when you disagreed with your coworker and how was the dispute solved? What challenges do you think you will face if you were successfully to become a cabin crew member?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online on 4/10/2017 and received an invitation to interview by email on 5/5/2017. The interview was at WestJet Learning Center on Airport Road on 5/11/5017. I first needed to register myself along with a copy of my valid passport and updated resume, and did height test, then one on one interview. I was told that I would receive an email within 3 weeks if I passed. It's been a week and I have not heard from them.......fingers cross!! Is there anyone who attended the interview on 5/11/2017???

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WestJet?
      What did you do to prepare for this interview?
      Tell me about your resume?
      What is your strength and weakness?
      Why did you apply for this position?
      Why should we hire you out of all the candidates?
      What would you do if you had a disruptive passenger?   Answer Question

Guest Service Ambassador Interview

Interview

Applied online and didn't hear back for awhile, then about a month or so later I got an email saying they'd be doing phone interviews the next day and which number was best to reach me at. They called me the next day and we had a 5-10 minute phone interview where they asked basic questions like "are you eligible to work in canada?" etc. then asked two behavioral questions which were "describe a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker and how you handled the situation" and "describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer". at the end of the phone call they asked me to come in to their learning centre and do a one-on-one interview as well as some team building exercises with other applicants. When I showed up it was very casual environment and all the other applicants were very friendly. I had a quick one-on-one interview where they asked me a few more behavioral based questions and also why I want to work for westjet, as well as why they should hire me. Then the team building exercises were essentially ice breakers where we got to know each other better. After that they told us more about the position and the benefits package for employees. Overall a very casual and friendly environment. Couldn't have asked for a better interview process. Just had the interview recently so still awaiting a response.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at WestJet in May 2017.

Interview

The interview began with a height test...quite the stretch for me at 5"2 but I managed. ..then it was a french language evaluation...not complicated ..a bit of conversation the direct translation of some simple phrases. ..very easy. The final part was a one on one interview which was well structured and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• one of the questions was how you would manage a drunk/beligerent passenger   4 Answers

CSA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

Phone interview then 3 hours in Person. i am still waiting to hear if i got the job or not. so far this has been very long since i started the whole thing (over a month)

GSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

We had a group interview which had us talking about ourselves and doing some activities. Then there was a one on one interview to get a few more details about ourselves. It was a fun process

Interview Questions

• They asked me why they should hire me   1 Answer

Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted application through their designated career site in late 2016. Response via email in early 2017 inviting me to an interview in YYC.

Relaxed interview in the afternoon that consisted of a face to face with one HR representative and one Pilot representative. A genuine conversation that covered your career and accomplishments.

Following the face to face, a 25 question technical exam administered on an iPad.

The end,

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Nanaimo, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

long 3 hour interview. Started with a group of 16 (out of 463 applicants). The staff all told us about themselves. Then all the applicants stood up and introduced ourselves. We then pulled random topics from a hat that we had to speak about for a minute. We then split into smaller groups to discuss senarios...like a case study. During this time they pulled us aside one by one for our interview. The session ended in questions and answers. We were told we would receive an email in a week, they did not email me for 10-12 days, after I had emailed them to confirm.