WestJet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

2.8

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process was not very professional. The interviewers ended up bickering with each other. A full out gossip fest. I was not impressed. They were very confusing and kept wanting me to submit different answers for the same questions. Trying to show favoritism between the two. I would suggest that they correlate and make sure that the interviewers are in sync with each other before they start the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to make a citizen's arrest??   1 Answer

GSA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

Applied online, then I had a phone interview which was quick and included questions like what do you know about WestJet, why do you want to work for us? Overall, a fun and relaxed group interview with short face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to WestJet that is unique to you?

Why do you want to work for WestJet?   Answer Question

Guest Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I just received an email invitation for an interview for a pool of potential candidates. My group event interview will start next week and looking forward to working with a great company.

Guest Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position at the end of June 2017. Received an email about 10 days later inviting me for a group interview which was being held in mid July. There were 11 other candidates there. At the beginning of the recruitment event, they explained a little bit about the position & what else we'd be doing during the process. They asked for volunteers for 1 on 1 interviews & I strongly recommend volunteering first because you get it out of the way & don't have to wait till the very end. During the 1 on 1, they skim through your resume & quickly ask you to explain your customer service experience. After that, they ask you three questions.. 1) Why would you be a good addition to the WestJet team .. 2) Tell me a time when you went above & beyond for a customer .. & 3) Tell me a time when you didn't get along with a coworker and what did you do to solve the problem.
    After that you get sent back to the group to participate in the other activities. They get more in depth about the role & about the company as well. You'll be ask to introduce yourself, tell an interesting fact about yourself & why you want to work for WestJet. I recommend being completely yourself and not saying what you think they would want to hear because that's what everyone did & it didn't sound authentic.
    Activity #1 was ROLE PLAY. Groups of 4 were made and the recruiters gave you a scenario of a situation that might actually occur. While you're preparing your skit, they're watching you to see how you interact with the others in your group. Try and show lots of personality during your skit and make it fun, but also making sure you get your point across. I thought my groups skit was HORRIBLE, but you never really know.
    Activity #2 : you picked a topic from a pile and you had to talk about the topic for 30 seconds, and you have to talk for the full 30 seconds. Now you don't know what topic you'll get but some examples were:
    1. Tell us a short story, a fairytale perhaps
    2. How do you feel about public toilets?
    3. Where is your favourite place you've visited & why?
    4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
    5. What do you think about first impressions?
    6. Pen or pencil?
    After that your day is pretty much done. They told us that the following week we would find out whether or not we were successful. Call if yes, email if no. I got an email even though I was successful, so don't freak out when you see an email from them.
    If you are successful, then you have to have a background check + references.
    Then a physical test and from then on you're pretty much offered the job. Once that happens there is a whole other process.
     ** CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE IS A MUST. When they're letting you know about how you'll be told if you were successful or not, they can't tell you the reasons why you weren't but they mention that you might not have enough CS experience.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why would you be a good addition to the WestJet team .. 2) Tell me a time when you went above & beyond for a customer .. & 3) Tell me a time when you didn't get along with a coworker and what did you do to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant/BI Lingual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position sometime in May at the end of June I got an email saying that they would like to meet me face-to-face. My f2f was july7th. Got to the face to face it was a small group of about 10 people the recruiter then interviewed us individually and then afterwords we did the group presentation and played some activities. she explained to us that if we were successful these are the steps that would occur: email for French test call, then background/reference check - and finally the pool email. I'm still in the midst of this process however I was successful & the interview was really fun and relaxed along with the French interview. now I'm just waiting for my training date !when You do get the job it's a really LONG waiting process but be patient if you really want it

Interview Questions

• What's the time you went above and beyond for a customer ?   4 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

Hello it was great to go through the interview came into Westjet for a face to face. . I said I spoke A second language in "learning" the interviewer wrote down my level. Now should I be successful. What kind of second language questions they ask? Just want to be best prepared for that phone call.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked to attend a group interviewing event at the WJ headquarters. When I arrived they asked to see a copy of my passport, as well as what my second language was. Then I had to do a reach test. Afterwards, I sat and waited for about 20 mins until my name was called to go do my one-on-one interview. The interviewer, Mary, was extremely pleasant and helpful. Overall, the interviewing process, while it may have appeared intimidating from afar, was quite concise and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a difficult colleague and how did you resolve the issue   Answer Question
    • Have you ever gone above and beyond for your work   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online on January 11th, did not get short listed until Monday May 29. Got an email invitation for F2F interview on June 7th. Brought a photocopy of valid passport, updated resume and did a height test. The interview took about 30 mins. I had was told that if I would receive an email within a week or two about whether or not that I have passed. I was also told that if I had failed then I can re-apply after 6 months. The interviewer let me down as she asked if I had questions at the end and immediately stood up when I was going to ask. Later I checked online about the status and it stated "unsuccessful at this time" as the result. Although I did not pass, but I am satisfied with this interview experience. Be confident in yourself and think your answers through and importantly don't be nervous. I wish you all good luck!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WestJet? What inspired you to choose WestJet? Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer, what was the result? A time when you disagreed with your coworker and how was the dispute solved? What challenges do you think you will face if you were successfully to become a cabin crew member?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent (CSA) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Regina, SK (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied with WestJet approximately four weeks before receiving an email to attend a recruitment event in a couple of weeks. The event lasted for four hours and was very well organized and put together.

A group of WestJetters introduced themselves and helped everyone to feel welcome and at ease. They spoke of the companies history and passion for creating amazing guest experiences before breaking the group of about fifteen people into smaller groups for team building exercises and scenarios.

One-by-one, candidates were invited out of the room for a brief face-to-face interview with a member of the WestJet team. My interview was very conversational and the interviewer appreciated that I came prepared with notes and questions.

The event concluded with an explanation of the benefit program and perks that WestJet offers as well as a public speaking exercise.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for a position with WestJet?   Answer Question
    • If we called your previous boss today, what would they list as your greatest strengths and areas for development?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you handled a difficult situation with a customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Some co-workers are a joy to be around. Others are not. Tell us about a difficult co-worker, how you handled the situation, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet in June 2017.

Interview

They contact you by email and give you the date of the interview. First, there are some group activities, they explain the process and give more info about the company. While you are doing the activities with the group, they will call you for a private interview.