WestJet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WestJet Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online to the advertised job call. There was a closing date for the position listed and my application was submitted weeks before this date. I was emailed a letter within a day of applying stating that they had already created a short list of applicants and would not be considering my application. I thought it was strange to continue to advertise for the position if they have already gone ahead to the short list. Why would they move to this step before the closing date for applications?

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got the interview.
    They asked me and I answered and Then after that they said they will call me and I thanked then afterwards. We shake hands and that's the end of the interview.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on April 10, 2017 and I was shortlisted to attend a live interview on May 7, 2017. The interview requires a passport photocopy (not the actual document), a height test, and speaking with an interviewer, who was professional, energetic, and courteous. Staff at WestJet walks in and out of the room with a big smile on their face and hence it was a great atmosphere. At the end of the 1:1 interview, she told me I will be contacted within a week or two to provide additional references if my interview is satisfactory. Next, I was told to do just that, which took another month to hear back (June 9, 2017).

Interview Questions

• One of the passenger appears to be intoxicated, what would you do next?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in the past when you were criticized by others for your work. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about WestJet? Why did you choose us?   Answer Question
    • A passenger with a broken foot is sitting beside the exit of the aircraft. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • The overhead luggage compartment for one of the passenger is full. The passenger appears to be frustrated. What do you do next?   Answer Question

GSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online in Jan. Telephone interview May. (1 days notice) had to wait 4 days and the the Group interview/one on one interview was a week later. Then training started 2 weeks later

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WestJet in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by email for a phone interview. The following day had a one-on-one interview and group interview. It was an fun and easy experience but a lot of pressure with a room full of other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult situation with a coworker.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

Started with an email saying I was shortlisted for an interview. At the interview you do a height test and then a one on one interview where your language skills are tested and you are asked behavioral type questions. If they like you then you are invited to stay for the group interview. It is an all day affair if you get to this point. They start by telling you about the job/company and then you are asked to introduce yourself, say one interesting fact about you, and then are given a random topic picked from an envelope that you need to talk about for 30 seconds. Make them laugh. Afterwards we were grouped together and asked to create a commercial for the airline. It was fun and nerve racking at the same time!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the airline? What makes you stand apart from the rest?   1 Answer

Guest Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midtown Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Midtown Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied about a month before I received an email asking if they could conduct a phone interview with me, and what time would be best for the following day..
    I emailed back and they called the next day at my scheduled time.
    The interview consisted of mostly behavioural questions: why I want to work there, tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, etc. I was a bit caught off guard seeing as they asked for SPECIFIC experiences so I don't know if my answers were good enough.

At the end of the interview, I asked the lady what would be next in the process and she said after the phone screening process, they would get back to people.

Does this mean I'm not in? If she didn't ask for a second in person interview right away? Please let me know..

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Guest Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview (Why do you want to work for WestJet, Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer)

Next, had an individual interview (Tell me a little about yourself, what are your hobbies, what do you know about WestJet?)

Group interview where you introduce yourself and tell an embarrassing story and something quirky about yourself. Then you choose a question from an envelope and talk about the topic for 30 seconds

Call Centre Full Time Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

The interview was composed of a one on one interview and a group interview. During the one on one portion, your work experience is reviewed and 3 behaviour questions are asked. Then you proceed to the group interview. There were 25 candidates in the room and we were asked to introduce ourselves and answer one of 2 questions during our introduction. For the next part, we were given a topic and had to speak for one minute about that topic. 35 sets of eyes on you can and did make many people speechless! (There were about 10 managers/HR people in the room taking notes during the group portion).

Westjet said it could take up to three weeks to hear back.

The pay is low, but the travel benefits are amazing. It does sound like a great company to work for with a lot of room for advancement. My fingers are crossed!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a negative experience you had with an irate client and what you did to fix it?   Answer Question

AME Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

Applied online got an Email saying that there will be a phone interview which was based on personality test mostly.After that they fly you to Calgary and do a panel interview which is basically a behaviourial based interview no technical questions for AME'S.Once done they will call your references and after that got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation