WestJet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WestJet Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process was not very professional. The interviewers ended up bickering with each other. A full out gossip fest. I was not impressed. They were very confusing and kept wanting me to submit different answers for the same questions. Trying to show favoritism between the two. I would suggest that they correlate and make sure that the interviewers are in sync with each other before they start the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to make a citizen's arrest??   1 Answer

Guest Service Ambassador Interview

Interview

So I had applied for guest Service Ambassador and got a email from the recruiting team, saying they would like to conduct a phone interview and what number I could be reached on and with the time and day of the following day to write them back my availability from 10 to 4 pm for the phone interview and to write them back if I'm interested and she sent me pdf form of the description of what guest Service Ambassador does and also it stated in the email that I would need to go away for 10 days in Nov and if it's OK write us back if still interested, I had wrote 2 emails and still no call for that supposed to be phone interview the next day and my application is still in progress!? Anyone know about how long it takes?

Interview Questions

• would you be able to conduct a phone interview the next day between 10 and 4 pm?   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online on January 11th, did not get short listed until Monday May 29. Got an email invitation for F2F interview on June 7th. Brought a photocopy of valid passport, updated resume and did a height test. The interview took about 30 mins. I had was told that if I would receive an email within a week or two about whether or not that I have passed. I was also told that if I had failed then I can re-apply after 6 months. The interviewer let me down as she asked if I had questions at the end and immediately stood up when I was going to ask. Later I checked online about the status and it stated "unsuccessful at this time" as the result. Although I did not pass, but I am satisfied with this interview experience. Be confident in yourself and think your answers through and importantly don't be nervous. I wish you all good luck!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WestJet? What inspired you to choose WestJet? Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer, what was the result? A time when you disagreed with your coworker and how was the dispute solved? What challenges do you think you will face if you were successfully to become a cabin crew member?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at WestJet in May 2017.

Interview

The interview began with a height test...quite the stretch for me at 5"2 but I managed. ..then it was a french language evaluation...not complicated ..a bit of conversation the direct translation of some simple phrases. ..very easy. The final part was a one on one interview which was well structured and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• one of the questions was how you would manage a drunk/beligerent passenger   4 Answers

Guest Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I just received an email invitation for an interview for a pool of potential candidates. My group event interview will start next week and looking forward to working with a great company.

Airport Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

Left me a voiemail to call back for Telephone interview. The interview was very brief. Less than 5 minutes.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Group interview - over 100 people. Was very relaxed, fun atmosphere. The WestJet staff were very kind and friendly and the event was actually a lot of fun. We were split into 3 groups and the whole thing lasted at 4 hours. Everyone has a one-on-one interview which is very casual and lasts about 15-20 minutes. They ask me about my customer service experience, why I wanted to work at WestJet and they asked me a few other scenario questions. When back with my group we did different 'games'. One was that everyone had to stand up and say what you would put in a time capsule and why then they would ask you a question and you had to talk about your answer for 60 seconds. Another was a game where you were split into groups and had to connect by hands and untangle yourselves then they questioned you afterwards about who came out as the leader and why, etc... Another involved current flight attendants and you could ask them any questions you had. Then they had an information session where they talked about the pay and job and what in entailed.

Interview Questions

• Scenario - If you noticed your fellow flight attendant being rude or short with a passenger, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you were very busy and were then asked to take on another task, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I sent in application online and received email confirmation on interview within 3 days. The interview consist of height test, and one on one interview. There were only a few of us so I don't think there was a group interview. There are situational questions as well as in-flight questions. The process took about 30-40 min. They said they will let me know by email within 2 weeks and if I do get hired, there will be medical test as well as first aid class I need to take on my own.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an intoxicated passenger who was rude and loud? Other passengers are concerned about the passenger, how would you talk to them?

Tell me a time when you went above and beyond a customers expectation?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

Applied online than in a week got an email about phone interview in a 2 days. Phone interview was 5 min , very easy basic questions .They told wait for 2 weeks , I should get an email about next step .In 6 days after my phone interview my status in website change from in progress to unsuccessfull at this time.I am very disappointing

Interview Questions

• Why is a Flight Attendant? How many languages do you speak ? And what are they? What do you know about Westjet?   Answer Question

Guest Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview started with one on one. Questions were experience related and how I'd fit the Westjet position. Then a group interview with an introduction of everyone, followed by games. Games were more so to get to know everyone and their character, and compatibility. The entire process was 3 hours, but they make you feel very comfortable and relaxed. Overall great experience, I wish all interviews were conducted this way.