Westat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westat Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westat in September 2016.

Interview

2 calls 1 phone call to verify you were still interested and understood the position. It outlined the weeks you would be working and the pay.
    2nd in person to verify your experience and see who you were.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. You are required to read a script to show you know how to follow a script verbatim. Asked about your experience in the research field. Do you understand accomidations for students. I was also informed there may be opportunities as an Assessemnt Coordinator which is a more adminstartive role and would require 1 week f training out of town.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westat.

Interview

They emailed me after I applied asking for a phone interview. Set one up for the next day, had a phone call of about 30 minutes, said they liked me and sent me the forms for hiring the next day. Said it was like a proper call center gig. Ya, it worked out well, all went pretty easy.

Assessment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Westat (Utica, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a supervisor by phone several time and then had a face-to face interview. I first applied for an Assessment Assistant position, but later applied for the coordinator's position as I had retired as an Education Supervisor in the NYS Dept. Of Correctional and Community Supervision.

Interview Questions

• The questions dealt mostly with how I would handle certain situations if they came up in the job. She asked me about my strengths and weaknesses. She told me a little about the job, but did not go into a lot of detail.   Answer Question

Field Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westat (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy process. Got a call form a recruiter and then received an email with offer. I accepted and home office sent me all the paperwork that needed to be completed and mailed back.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westat.

Interview

Horrible experience. To start off this is a company that I have never heard of.

One day, I got reached out from a recruiter saying I'd be an excellent fit. Thinking of recruiter's ranking of "excellent fit", I applied, mentioning the recruiter name. In 24 hours I received an email saying I was not selected.

Westat HR - best at wasting people's time.

I will make sure to help market your company to all my friends and family to never consider any opportunities. =]

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westat in July 2016.

Interview

I was called to schedule an in-person interview at the Maryland offices after several weeks (if not months) after I applied. The turn-around time for the interview was fairly quick. However, none of my expenses were covered by the company except for my hotel room.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions about my resume, and asked what I would be able to bring to the company.   Answer Question

Phone Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a room of four people who were the managers of the project and the HR manager. Was told in detail about the project. Great people, great team.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would be able to do the math and phone calling required for the project that I was being hired for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Started with multiple phone interviews, then brought in for 2 panel-style in-person interviews at the Rockville campus. Process was quick and efficient, and lasted no more than 2 hours total. Relatively laid-back.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about prior experience, what I'm looking for in a job, education, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

The process included a phone screening with HR, a 15 minute phone interview with the team lead, and an hour in-person with the entire team. The questions were very easy - mostly focused on me explaining my role with various projects listed on my resume and my interest in the position/organization.

Interview Questions

• What's kinds of things do you want to learn about here? What skills do you want to grow?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westat (Waldorf, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter interview by phone. Introduction brief and friendly. Brief explanation of the position. Questions that were respectful, non-leading and appropriate to the position. Probes appropriate. Cues and follow up questions appropriate. Provided me an opportunity to ask questions. Answered my questions with candor. Explained the next steps and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Please review your work experience. Please tell me what interests you in this position. What functions are you expecting to fulfill based on the position description. What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer