Westchester Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westchester Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.5

RN Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Westchester Medical Center.

Interview

I came in for interview with nurse recruiter. I was asked general questions about my nursing experience and interests. I was asked how past supervisors and managers would describe me. I was also asked what unit I was interested in and would be a good fit for my skill set. I met with nurse manager same day and was asked similar questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westchester Medical Center.

Interview

If you got any mental health experience, you'll most likely get the position as they are very desperate to staff the Behavioral Health Center. Thrive in a toxic environment? This place is definitely for you!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Phlebotomy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valhalla, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Westchester Medical Center (Valhalla, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Great easy its in a great environment great staff easy to commute to and from hospital buses are available and is a very clean place. Application is very easy to fill out

Interview Questions

• do you have your id and social security card?   1 Answer

Admitting Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westchester Medical Center.

Interview

Not much of an interview, She was more concerned with my outfit. She did not ask much question, it was more like what to expect while working in the department.

Corporate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valhalla, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Westchester Medical Center (Valhalla, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It took four months from applying online until getting the actual interview. But they were professional and on point on whom they were looking to hire. Unfortunately, I believe they were looking for someone right out of college " that they could mold". I appreciated their honesty, as there wasn't much I could. I couldn't take it personal. I had more experience than they were looking for

Interview Questions

• How good are you with different software? Then they named off different software names that they use and didn't use.   1 Answer

Registra Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valhalla, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westchester Medical Center (Valhalla, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was about half hour with the director. She asked questions pertaining to me such as tell me alittle about yourself. We went over the scheduling and ended with a tour. Very pleasant and professional.

FNP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westchester Medical Center (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

3 different people interviewing me, A medical MD, chief of Nursing, and Chief of staff MD, questions and experience, I applied for a part time position, they only had full time but said they would contact me if a art time became available

Assistant Attending Physician Interview

Application

Interview

Great experience, everybody was really nice and helpful. Nice facility. Short drive from NYC
    Many nice little towns 15-20' driving distance from the hospital. Too bad I didn't get the job.

Internal Medicine Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valhalla, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westchester Medical Center (Valhalla, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I did not match for PGY-1 categorical for Emergency Medicine then I applied for Internal Medicine PGY-2 residency. Since, My previous preliminary spot is under same institution (New York Medical College), I got interview offer. I was interviewed by the Program director (Dr. Sule). It was 1 to 1 interview & tour around the hospital in a same day. The interview started at 8 AM & finished around 1 PM.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to do Internal Medicine?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is none

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valhalla, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westchester Medical Center (Valhalla, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The HR representative was rude and very quick. Her questions were off base. She would ask, is everything on this resume true? If not, I will google you and find out and then you will be dismissed immediately. Very unprofessional, she walked around the office as if she didn’t want to be there. In her office there was piles of files and proceeded to tell me this is all I have to go through. Crossed her legs on the chair and put the radio on, was checking her phone for texts while I discussed my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure that everything that is on your resume to be true? Because if not, I'll google your name and find out?   Answer Question