Westcon Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.4

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Westcon Group (Louisville, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I was asked what skills I could offer to the table. I was told a bit about the job description. I was hired the same the day. Then I was asked a series of questions to determine how I would best handle the job description.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a tough situation where your work load is more than you can handle?   Answer Question

Corporate Role At HQ Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westcon Group (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone and in-person interviews. Met with a number of people in the department and also upper management. Process did not seem very organized and had to come back a number of times as people seemed to be travelling quite a lot.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about work history and how can benefit Westcon.   1 Answer

SAP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Westcon Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Hiring was smooth. Took interview initially over the phone. Once approved I spoke to one of the project managers for SAP. He was more technical in nature as in he had experience with the product itself so he was able to correlate my experience to the product.

Interview Questions

• General Interview about experience. Overall interview process was fine. They asked about different technologies I have experience in.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westcon Group (Tarrytown, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Very standard process of telephone pre-screen by recruiter. Followed by panel telephone interview with general questions regarding experience. Lasted about one hour and was followed by a face to face session with 3 panel members and brief 1:1 with each panel member. Work culture was described as hands on with significant challenges related to implementation of SAP, vendor management issues, and very small core team (bandwidth issues). Was concerned about quality of answers to my questions regarding maturity of core team and project management process.

I would suggest you be very specific in setting expectations about what is required in the position vs. what is implied, discussed or put on a chalk board. Get the expectations in writing to avoid any misunderstanding. Articulate basic operation protocols such as reporting relationships, routine meetings, task ownership, authority, chain of command, etc. The hands on aspect of the jobs could be interpreted as what ever it takes without qualification, so make sure expectations are well established during the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation not difficult. Recruiter pre-set expectations prior to interviews so everyone understood what was required if an offer was extended.

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westcon Group (Tarrytown, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

interviews with primary management then the team took roughly 4 hours

Interview Questions

Negotiation

as planned standard negotiation

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westcon Group.

Interview

call, interview with user, interview with team mate, personal question, current salary question, background job check, technical questions, expectation from company, expectation from job seeker, job description, other interview, negotiation, offer letter, human resource registration, fill up form, agreeing / disagreeing of offer letter, sign / not signing employment agreement

Negotiation

none

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westcon Group (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in June 2014.

Interview

2 Interviews - very smooth process. Professional and easy. The questions were almost all related to how I would fit the culture of the business and the balance on past experience in the industry. Company does have a great culture all in all and it extends to our global offices throughout the globe. Not a ton of paperwork but the business is very thorough in its processes.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in Data Security and how will this benefit the business in the Channel?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westcon Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.

Interview

2 persons interview me thus I am nervous about it. They ask questions like being tell us about yourself, and I describe myself on the whole episode. interview take place for about 1 hour. asking questions like describe yourself and also tell me about the jobscope. typically is talking about jobscope. description and the tasks that I am handling and facing in dealing with it.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

General Manager EMEA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houten (Netherlands)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westcon Group (Houten (Netherlands)) in February 2014.

Interview

Inschakeling van externe Headhunter om neutraliteit te behouden. Zeer gedegen proces. Feedback tussentijds ook goed. Open en vertrouwende omgeving. Informatie over functie zeer volledig, incl verwachtingspatroon voor nieuwe persoon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Eenzijdig.