Western Carolina University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2017

2.7

Mental Health Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cullowhee, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Carolina University (Cullowhee, NC).

Interview

You arrive for a full day of interviewing. There is a combination of individual interviews, group interview and group presentation. You will meet with the counseling staff, which is multi-disciplinary, as well as possibly health services and other people depending on if you are applying to a specialty area. Don't wear heels bc there is walking and its hilly.

Houskeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cullowhee, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Carolina University (Cullowhee, NC).

Interview

They put you on the spot and have several groups of people interview toucan one time. They force people who have no interest in the interview process to attend. Overall worst interview experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Anything they feel like asking if the supervisor can even force them to ask anything at all.   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Carolina University (Asheville, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a panel of five individuals in a video conferencing room. Very official; resembled something from Star Trek. It was a bit intimidating, only because I was not expecting it. Most of the group was very friendly and professional. It was also intimidating because each time someone would speak the video conferencing camera would zoom in on that person's face, then to the group, and then to the next person. It also felt a bit unnatural to interview over Skype, but I understand why they do it.

Community Family Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morganton, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Carolina University (Morganton, NC).

Interview

Submitted resume in response to newspaper ad, was called in for interview and meet with program director. Interview lasted about an hour. Talked about experience and interviewer shared program philosophy being certain that I was aligned with mission

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Carolina University.

Interview

Hiring process was full of miscommunication. There were unclear expectations about salary and advancement. The university failed to pay for much travel. The management at the institution is completely disingenuous and doesn't really care about its employees. There are too many mixed messages coming from this institution.

Interview Questions

• They asked about teaching philosophy and appeared to be progressive in terms of their pedagogical approaches but were not ultimately.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cullowhee, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Carolina University (Cullowhee, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

A list of minimum requirements for qualification is listed online. Among the requirements are GPA and GRE scores which must be met by the specified date. Also, communication skills were required to be at a certain level or above. My interactions there were personable and therefore made it an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What topic most interests you for your research.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Carolina University in November 2013.

Interview

Submitted my application, and I heard back 3-4 weeks later. I was brought in to WCU's campus to be interviewed by a panel of faculty members, for probably around 30 minutes. I was called and offered the position about a week later.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cullowhee, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Carolina University (Cullowhee, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

The hiring process had multiple rounds. I believe that they screen the applications first. A group interview is conducted as well as an individual interview. Overall the process was fun and straightforward!

Anonymous Employee in Cullowhee, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Carolina University (Cullowhee, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

After filling out my application, I came to Cullowhee to interview with the professor's that I would be working with in my department. They were very accommodating and kind. They gave a wealth of information about the process and let me know I was hired within a few days of being interviewed. Great all around process

Interview Questions

• What types of work have you done since leaving undergrad?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cullowhee, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Carolina University (Cullowhee, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Laid back and friendly environment, just sitting in an office talking one on one with a professor. They are largely just curious about your knowledge, experience, and goals, it's really not an overbearing process. It is important that they understand and assess your research background to see if you would be a good fit in the department, and to see to what extent you would be able to conduct studies on your own. There is a lot of mentoring so it's not like they are expecting you to be able to do it by yourself right away.

Interview Questions

• What literature is relevant to the types of studies you want to conduct.   Answer Question