Western Dental Services Business Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Western Dental Services

2.5

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Dental Services (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I saw the opening in careerbuilder.com and I "applied". About two weeks later I received an email from WD stating to apply on their personal website which I did. About a week or more later I received an email stating interest in me and requesting I call to set up a phone interview (almost like a screening process). About two weeks later (holidays around that time) I received a call from corporate asking to meet for a 1:1 interview with a regional manager. Met with that manager for about 30 minutes where she asked questions about managing staff, my education, my salary requirements and why I left my previous job; finally she stated I would hear from her via text (different) about meeting with a VP the following day. Met with the VP and another business manager and killed it in the interview and a week after that I received a call stating I had gotten the job. I would say rough estimate I applied 12/10/12 and received the offer second week of january.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from all other candidates?
    How would you address an unruly or underperforming employee?
    How would you motivate and ensure employees are meeting goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They sent a contract over via email which details the pay (salary + bonuses). They do ask what you are looking to make in first interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Western Dental Services

Business Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Dental Services in February 2012.

Interview

- I first received a call from corporate headquarters about 2-3 weeks after I had submitted an application online. The lady scheduled a phone interview with me about 3-4 days later. When we had the phone interview, she basically went over my resume and asked me about my job experience and questions pertaining to the job I was interviewing for.
    - About 1 week later, I was contacted my the local manager who set me up for a one on one interview. The questions were very basic, but there were a good amount. This interview took up about an hour and fifteen minutes.
    - About every week after that for 3 weeks, I met with a different individual for one on one interviews.
    - About a month after I had the first phone interview, I was finally accepted for the position.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase for me. I believe they had a set salary already and that was what I was offered. For staff in the office, I do know that the wage is slightly negotiable, and I would recommend showing the interviewer why you are worth the money and if you have other offers lined up, to let them know so they will offered a higher rate to lure you away.