Western Dental Services Horrible Interview Process Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Dental Services Horrible Interview Process Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Dental Services

1 Interview Review

Horrible Interview Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Dental Services (Orange, CA).

Interview

I had a horrible experience from beginning to end with this company. The recruiter called and conducted a 10 minute phone interview. I was told she was going to speak with the hiring manager about setting up an actual face to face interview and be back to me. A few days later she called back and said they would like to meet me. We agreed to a day that would work for all parties and was told an email would be my way with directions and who I would meet with. A day had passed and we were into the weekend with no response. I called on that following Monday twice and left a message. I called again Tuesday and left a message and mirrored this same effort all week long with no reply. Eventually I gave up on the interview and cancelled my time off request with my current employer. No sooner after retracting my time off request I finally received a call back from the recruiter with news that the email was sent with less than 24hrs to prepare. Plus the job description was lacking information needed to really get a grasp on their daily routines but figured with the 15 plus years I have as being a manager for a similar business model I would do fine. So I thought….

I made it to my interview 20 minutes early and was greeted by one of two people I was to interview with. I will call this person “orange.” I was taken to an office whereby I was greeted by a gentleman I will call “White.” Orange started off by sharing how they had been with the company for less than a year and worked alongside White. I really felt a connection with Orange whom I would say was completely professional, kind, and outgoing. Orange shared their career and who they managed in the call center and expressed business was great. Orange then turned the conversation over to their counterpart and I was shocked by White’s unprofessionalism out of the gate. It wasn’t difficult to see that White was agitated by being asked to speak about himself and the company. He had a long pause as if he was caught off guard? I could even sense the person who introduced him was a bit uneasy. So he briefly explained how he came from a Fortune 100 company and what he was responsible for at Western Dental. The questions were very typical interview questions: tell me about yourself, your weaknesses, how you plan your day. Then when I thought we were on track White started to share his dislikes with his current boss. On more than one occasion this guy mentions his boss micromanages him. He even felt like sharing a few examples of call stats down to a call center agent and how it drove him crazy with the questions from his own boss. White was up and down with emotion and a few times I felt like this was “his soap box interview.” My mind was racing and I kept thinking, “This is unstable.” As you can imagine, I felt terrible for Orange in this interview and they kept trying to keep the interview on track but White kept up with his unprofessional behavior. At one point he asked me a question that I felt I answered well and the guy cut me off in midsentence with a heavy sigh, “that’s not what I meant?" Followed by a condescending “can you tell me how you prepared for this interview today?” This interview had derailed long before I ever got a change to speak and it was all I could take. I kindly entertained his condescending question followed by the lack of consideration his recruiting department had for me and my time to prepare. As well, I wanted to tackle his unprofessionalism but took the higher road instead, got up shook his hand and thanked him for his time. That fast the interview was over and in my mind I thought, “Show me out of here!” Orange walked me back to the door and I could tell they were shaken by the interview but parted on a courteous handshake and a timeline of hearing back from them. Believe me the undertone in which Orange spoke to me screamed how much they wanted to say sorry for the interview process but didn’t.

In my humble opinion managers that behave this way destroy companies. The reason he is being micromanaged is simple, the guy is in over his head and more than likely falling short of his responsibilities. I have been in good cop, bad cop situations before and this was not being played out; White had no right acting the way he did much less sharing internal struggles he is having with his own boss. Clearly he is unhappy with his choice of workplace and hopefully he will do Western Dental the kind gesture of moving on. I am disappointed with my interview but thankful I was fortunate enough to bypass what could have been a mistake had an offer been made.