Western Digital Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

3.1

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Mostly explained job description. The interviewer went through all the expectations and job descriptions. He did most of the talking and only asked 1 or 2 technical questions at the end. Didn't get to go onto the next round, not sure why because I didn't answer any questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Grand Forks, ND) in November 2015.

Interview

Short and sweet. I was contacted over the phone and an official offer came through the e-mail. None of the questions were very technical and most of the questions focused on affirming the presented resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Start the day with an WD introduction which was an hour long, followed by 2 General Interviews each 30 mins long, and 2 Technical Interviews each 45 mins long. each interview was conducted by someone different so you have to impress each one if you want the job. Finish with a half hour tour of the labs.

Interview Questions

• Write a function which multiples 2 integers without using the multiply operator.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved meeting multiple engineers who asked different questions related to my previous work experience, my hobbies, technical questions that cover topics specified in my Curricula Vitae (i.e. resume) and what I liked and disliked about my previous positions. Context was given as to the position responsibilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Lengthy and targeted towards academic achievers, but not necessarily good workers, nor people with common everyday logic. Questions involved all aspects of EE, not just the position at hand.

Interview Questions

• What are the different SCSI layers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview was with numerous individuals over the course of most of one day. Each interview took 45 minutes to an hour. The focus of each individual interview correlated to the interviewer’s area of technical competency. Technical questions mainly concerned the product and appeared to be related to recurring issues or area of challenges.

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interviewing process was very efficient and to the point. It consisted of an on-paper skills test, and 4 30-minute interview sessions with different engineers within the company. Interview questions mainly consisted of items listed on your resume. A lunch meeting takes place afterwards, and all of the employees seemed friendly and happy. Remain on guard, however; the lunch is an extension of the interview where they probe your personality traits.

If you do well on the written exam and can hold pleasant conversation with the engineers, you should receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with the stress of deadlines?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Boulder, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

There was a few technical code problems to solve.
    People were kind and respectful.
    There were 5 people interviewing me. one for each hour.
    It was a combination of what did you do at your previous company... tell me about your self... why are you looking to work here...

Interview Questions

• Do you know what inheritance is? Can you give an example?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 different managers including HR. Most of the questions were based off your experience and what you reported on your resume. They spent a majority if the time explaining what the company is about, day to day duties, and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to troubleshoot something that went wrong and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Nice interview.

Interview Questions

• my experience.
      Western Digital Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, sale, and provision of data storage solutions that enable consumers, businesses, governments, and other organizations to create, manage, experience, and preserve digital content worldwide. The company’s product portfolio includes hard disk drives (HDDs), solid-state drives (SSDs), direct attached storage solutions, personal cloud network attached storage solutions, and public and private cloud data center   1 Answer