Western Digital Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Digital Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in May 2009.

Interview

the interview process gone through for 3 times.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital in June 2011.

Interview

Professional

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in March 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a Human Resources representative who asked questions regarding my personality. I'm guessing this was just to check and see if I was even worth their time.

After this initial phone interview I went in for an interview which consisted of a 1:1 interview with 6 different people, at the end of these interviews I was given an hour long written test to test my technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you have had to deal with a conflict between people.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in March 2008.

Interview

WD made quick decision after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No more negotiation margin.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital in January 2009.

Interview

everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Western Digital in January 2008.

Interview

Interview consisted first of phone interview with recruiter and then with hiring manager. Panel interview followed. Three sets of 1:1 interviews which included skills test. Work culture appeared to be positive. Persons interviewing were knowledgable and personable. No questions were out of the ordinary or non-applicable to the position.

From the time of the initial application to start date was almost 5 months. Interview process took approximately 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What have you heard about WD?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was non-existent. Basically take it or leave it. I recommend asking for stock options if they are available.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital in May 2010.

Interview

I met a recruiter at school job fare and he called me to chekc my background.
    He recommend me at one of teams and I had an interview with 6 people for 4.5 hours.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in July 2010.

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward, waiting time is short.

Interview Questions

• Described the greatest achievement on the area you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital in October 2010.

Interview

Have one-2-one interview with a couple of managers and lunch meeting (not easy to digest) and high management interview

Interview Questions

• Can you do coding feature A, here right now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really negotiation but just acecpt or decline the offer you get

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital in September 2010.

Interview

Took about a day meeting several people one by one asking related questions