Western Digital Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Digital Human Resources Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I had a thirty second "screen" with the recruiter and was asked to come in. I met with two managers and it went well. Next the entire team came in. Most sat just staring at me. I had a good conversation with one of the more outgoing team members. It was obvious that they would not consider me due to my age. The team were more concerned on my age rather than my qualifications.
They also suggest to "dress to impress". The team that I spoke to were in leggings and flip flops so I am sure I looked over dressed.
The recruiter said everything was going well and I would hear next steps. When I followed up, I got a generic answer and nothing after that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I initially received a auto notification that I was not being considered for the position to which I applied for. I then was contacted and told that it was an error and there was an interest. I arranged an initial phone interview with the hiring manager and did not hear anything for 2 weeks. I was then called and asked if I could go onsite for an interview. I completed that and then was asked to quickly come in and complete a round of 5 interviews. I completed that and then asked to come back for 3 more interviews. At the end of my 3rd interview which was more than a month ago, I was told I would hear fairly quickly the next steps. After reaching out to the recruiter 3 times over the last month, I have not been given any concrete feedback or update, just that there is still research being done on the feedback. Any update, such as they are sourcing more candidates or something is better than being left with no news and no direction as to the status of the opening.

The lack of follow through is terrible and leaves a sour taste in my mouth as a candidate. What I felt was a promising opportunity turned into empty expectations and a relief that I have not heard anything since. The way you treat your candidates is indicative of the way you treat your employees and this is a red flag and a breath of fresh air that I was left hanging in the wind and not job offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Western Digital's website. I got a phone call not too long after asking to schedule a phone interview. Afterwards, I had my phone interview but didn't get an offer. The interview was mostly behavioral questions and asking about my experience with HR.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a coloring book, would you color inside the lines?   Answer Question