Western Digital Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Digital Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Incredibly unorganized. I applied through my school's website and was immediately asked to answer some behavioral questions. The woman I first spoke with had just learned about the internship program and couldn't answer a single question I had about the actual position itself. Further, there were 5 different, tangentially related, positions and the call was for a different one than had I applied to. I had to fill out 3-4 different sets of forms, with the same exact information (work experience, personal info, etc...) before the onsite, which was incredibly annoying. The onsite was very long - 6 back to back interviews, most of them asking the same questions again and again. The questions were all very basic, behavioral questions and were not stimulating in any way. The recruiter said she'd get back to me in 1 week. No response. I emailed her after 2 weeks. No response. I emailed her twice more regarding the reimbursement for transportation we had previously agreed on. No response. Thanks WD for agreeing to pay my $100+ uber rides, only to completely ignore my requests.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Came to college career fair and got and received an email to the a 1 hour test online. Then got a call for an on-site interview. 2 half-hour interviews, one software related, asked about my resume, and other technical questions. Then was asked to solve two coding questions on the board. The other interview was on hardware and was asked to draw a diagram of a buck converter since I mentioned it in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Relationship between voltage, current, and capacitance.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

HR, online test, then face to face technical interview. Everyone was very friendly and informative. The first screening interview had a few easy technical questions. Then there was the online test which was harder. Then there was a face to face skype like interview where more technical questions were asked.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Rapid pace interview. They clearly wanted to see how you worked under pressure. This on top of asking whiteboard coding questions. As my primary project were java based, they had me write code on a whiteboard, per the the tasks they wanted.

Interview Questions

• Mid coding question: How would you move mount Fuji?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I got a referral from an employee. Immediately got contacted by HR and was then given a Hacker Rank test. Following the test, I received a phone call interview during the end of the process. I felt like I was not prepared for this position. Hacker Rank test was nerve-wracking.

Interview Questions

• What sorting method is the best option for the given situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Western Digital in June 2013.

Interview

HR is very good and following up with you regarding all the interview requirements and also for the results.
    Interview was a total 3 hours long, 5 engineers interviewed me for 30 minutes each and half hour for HR representative.
    The Interview was mostly to discuss resume, work experience, academic project and skills that they would like to use in their project.
    A couple technical questions on C++, one electrical circuit problem and a few logical problem solving questions.
    Overall- a good experience

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital in January 2014.

Interview

Interview was scheduled a day after I submitted my resume through Taleo. Interviewed with HR and 2 managers, very straightforward questions, no tricks or behavioral. More questions about experience and how I would contribute the the position at hand.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Met at the college career fair, after few days, I received email and phone contact from HR recruiter. Brought on site to interview with potential team members. Each team member 1 on 1 for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Dynamic Programming question. The least number of coins in any combination of coins that adds up to certain value.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Phone interview was fairly short, asked about work/project experience, what you expect to get out of an internship. Basic questions, nothing too demanding in the phone interview.
    Following the phone interview, had an onsite interview. Onsite interview consisted of basically resume questions. Make sure you are able to answer any questions in detail (theories, steps, layout/schematics) on anything you have listed on resume. Simple technical stuff were asked, just need to know your basics.

Interview Questions

• If you were working part time and doing part time graduate school, but you could not successfully manage your time. What would you drop?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

interview with 5 ppl and one project leader. the question is not hard, few is difficult