Western Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Western Digital

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (New Delhi (India)) in October 2018.

Interview

SanDisk Western Digital was a company in out campus and they offered the role of a Technical Intern. The screening test was an online objective test with 40 questions to be answered in 45 minutes. It had 10 aptitude questions and the remaining from C,C++ and Analog and Digital Electronics. The test had negative marking too. The results were announced in a week almost and 13 students were shortlisted. We had a telephonic interview after that. It comprised of questions related to my resume, data structures, OOPS concepts and SQL. Since I told them that I was comfortable with Java, they asked me questions from Java too. Some questions from SQL were also asked. They took every minute detail of the preojects that I had on my resume. The last question was: "Do you want to ask something". This indeed is a question to which we should reply intelligently. Try to ask a good question, it shows your interest in the firm. The interview lasted for 30 mins. Results were announced in 2 weeks almost.

Interview Questions

• Function Overloading,Overriding, virtual functions, polymorphism,inheritance,truncate, joins, drop,delete from SQL. Questions from my projects were asked.
      Call by reference. call by value
      Java and C++(pointer and no pointer thing)
      PS: I forgot the remaining.   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

I attended the Campus career fair and the HR called me after 3 weeks. The whole process was nice. I will complete the comments after the entire interview. Western Digital is a good company.

Interview Questions

• How can we reduce the delay of the interconnection wire between two optimized combinational logic circuit?   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Pleasant and professional; low key. I met with the talent acquisitions partner and the lead hiring manager for the position. The talent partner asked a few questions regarding my background but not the typical HR type questions - it was mostly a discussion based on my resume. The hiring manager asked more questions about my legal technical experience.

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

1 phone call was made and then I did well. Then there was in person interview . 4 persons interviewed on the same day. Then on the same very day, in the evening, I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How to make sure hat all systems are covered woth all tests and configurations   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in November 2013.

Interview

Process was easy, 2 interviews in the row, great people, great atmosphere. Served food during 2 interviews, questions was easy, no surprises. I personally request to ask me more technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Met at the career fair on campus. Then received an email from recruiter to take a skills test - coding and multiple choice questions (hardware stuff) and then you have an interview at their Irvine headquarters. They will brief you then you go into your interviews and get asked about your resume and some behavioral/technical questions (similar to the other reviews)

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

So initially I submitted my resume to Western Digital. Western Digital then usually emails you to setup phone screen with the hiring manager. In the phone screen the hiring manager asks questions about projects that you have worked on and also some technical questions. Make sure you know your resume. If that goes well then an onsite interview will happen. In that onsite interview you get to meet with the hiring manager along with some engineers on the team. First they usually give you a test to take within an hour time frame. This test material is related to the job itself. After the test is done then you sit in a conference room and get drilled with technical questions from multiple engineers. These questions usually consist of standard programming questions along with testing questions etc. These questions will depend on the position

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question had to do with a programming question I was given.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once you get the job you will get email stating base salary you will be given. This depends on your level of education and job experience. Generally salaries are non-negotiable unless you have an offer from another company. If so then WD may or may not match the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Digital (Orange, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Received phone call and asked to go to the company the next week.

Asked many on my resume about my past experience,

then some easy sorting array problems.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I received an email from University recruiting and I applied through my school. They make you take a test to test your knowledge of many engineering subjects. Then later they take you to have live interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a college career fair. Submitted resume and briefly talked to the hr lady. Got a phone call shortly afterwards to setup an interview. Interview was a 5 hour process. Two one hour interviews with two software engineers. Then lunch (food was provided) followed by two more one hour interviews (one by a manager another by a software engineer). Questions ranged from technical programming questions, to basic hardware questions, stock hr questions and questions about my resume. Got contacted later that week with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Hardware questions for a software engineering position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied through my college career fair. Got called in to take a test and then again for the in person interview. The interviews started with breakfast with a group of other candidates. My group consisted of mostly UCI students so the conversation seemed geared towards them. I quickly felt left out and sometimes picked on for being from a different college. By the time for the one on ones, I could see that the culture did not fit with me and only continued for the interview practice.