Western Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Digital Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.8

SDR Interview

Interview

The Interview process was great. It was a three step process, first was with an outside recruiter who asked preliminary sales questions. Move to step two which was a virtual interview with an SDR lead (potentially the leader of your team) and the third step was a virtual interview with the manager of Inside Sales.

Ramp Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter that reached out to me and had a quick behavioral interview and told me to do the coding challenge as soon as possible. Not knowing that the coding challenge was kind of hard, I did it as soon as I can without preparing.

Interview Questions

• Online coding challenge with a lot of multiple choice and two coding problems.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Went through phone interview and took the online assessment. Phone interview was about 10 minutes. Asked about why do you want to work here and are you willing to relocation. Online assessment has questions regarding bit manipulations, solving simple programming problems, and circuits.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

phone interview. This takes me 40 minutes. Totally technical questions, no BQ.
    The procedure goes fast. I received the invitation a day after I applied online. I applied for RAMP intern program.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the projects on your resume   Answer Question
    • Describe Spring framework, CRUD, AJAX, how to connect database in Spring Boot   Answer Question

Industrial Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

The interviewer was a very nice lady, and was really approachable. I would say this would have been a very nice company to work for. There seems to be many growth opportunities.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

They first scheduled a phone interview with me and then wanted me to complete this online hackerrank assessment. If you did well on this you will be invited to their Super Day, which consists of four interview back to back.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

The process took 3- 4 weeks. I had applied for the position online. Hiring manager contacted me for phone interview. It was for 30 mins and focused mainly on my experience. After that, hiring manager scheduled video interviews with 8 ppl from his team as there was no chance for onsite interview due to COVID19. Interviews were fairly conducted which covered my technical skillset, problem solving skills and my experience. After one week of the interviews, I had received positive response from hiring manager and HR process followed.

Launch Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied back in Oct. 2019.
    Had a great phone interview with HR in November 2019.
    Standard 30 minute phone call. Questions about design, why did you get into it, standard stuff.
    Received an email mid Feburary asking for onsite interviews.
    Travel, hotel, and food all paid for, that was very nice.
    Had onsite interviews March 5th. 4, 30 minute interviews back to back.
    Two with Design heads, and two with project managers.
    Lots of questions about collaboration, teamwork views, conflict resolution, and taking criticism.

Overall, super positive experience. You can take a lot of priceless experience with you from the interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

The experience was positive. Interviewers were friendly, but interviews themselves were fast-paced and direct. Process was a little disorganized - did not hear back from company for some time.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe certain experiences/projects on your resume.
      Q: Challenge you've overcome   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter on the phone for an initial screening interview, then interviewed on site the following week. On site interviews were conducted by four full time employees in thirty minute blocks.

Interview Questions

• What line item from the financial statements best describes your personality?   Answer Question