Western Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Digital Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

Specialist Interview

Interview

not too difficult questions, no too technical as well. Managers are not too keen in knowing the skill set, requirement posted vs the interview process is not at all comparable. Phone interview first, then the personal interview and HR call to follow

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Mostly explained job description. The interviewer went through all the expectations and job descriptions. He did most of the talking and only asked 1 or 2 technical questions at the end. Didn't get to go onto the next round, not sure why because I didn't answer any questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Got a call from the HR and swiftly interview was setup. Had 4 rounds of interviews. Started with telephonic round with the HR. Then technical interviews ensued. The process was very well streamlined and the offer was released immediately as well.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from a recruiter, scheduled an in person interview 1 week later and received an offer by the end of the week. ~2 week process

Interview Questions

• What are your personal strengths and how would those benefit our team?   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email requesting availability for on-site interview. No response after after that. I sent three emails, 1st to confirm availability, other two asking for status updates leading upto the tentative interview day. Haven't gotten a single reply.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Incredibly unorganized. I applied through my school's website and was immediately asked to answer some behavioral questions. The woman I first spoke with had just learned about the internship program and couldn't answer a single question I had about the actual position itself. Further, there were 5 different, tangentially related, positions and the call was for a different one than had I applied to. I had to fill out 3-4 different sets of forms, with the same exact information (work experience, personal info, etc...) before the onsite, which was incredibly annoying. The onsite was very long - 6 back to back interviews, most of them asking the same questions again and again. The questions were all very basic, behavioral questions and were not stimulating in any way. The recruiter said she'd get back to me in 1 week. No response. I emailed her after 2 weeks. No response. I emailed her twice more regarding the reimbursement for transportation we had previously agreed on. No response. Thanks WD for agreeing to pay my $100+ uber rides, only to completely ignore my requests.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I initially received a auto notification that I was not being considered for the position to which I applied for. I then was contacted and told that it was an error and there was an interest. I arranged an initial phone interview with the hiring manager and did not hear anything for 2 weeks. I was then called and asked if I could go onsite for an interview. I completed that and then was asked to quickly come in and complete a round of 5 interviews. I completed that and then asked to come back for 3 more interviews. At the end of my 3rd interview which was more than a month ago, I was told I would hear fairly quickly the next steps. After reaching out to the recruiter 3 times over the last month, I have not been given any concrete feedback or update, just that there is still research being done on the feedback. Any update, such as they are sourcing more candidates or something is better than being left with no news and no direction as to the status of the opening.

The lack of follow through is terrible and leaves a sour taste in my mouth as a candidate. What I felt was a promising opportunity turned into empty expectations and a relief that I have not heard anything since. The way you treat your candidates is indicative of the way you treat your employees and this is a red flag and a breath of fresh air that I was left hanging in the wind and not job offered.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Hackkerank coding challenge, then got a phone call for the onsite interview. It was a group interview of about 6 people and I went through 3 rounds, 2 coding and 1 resume discussion.

Ramp Interview

Interview

I gave them my resume and got a response months later. They responded with a HackerRank test that took over an hour to complete. Questions included riddles, programming questions, and basic circuits. I didnt think I did well but ended up getting a response for a phone screening followed by a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project you have worked on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital in March 2017.

Interview

Still on going interview. Had a phone interview before onsite. After two weeks, I get onsite interview and I will go to the onsite interview tomorrow. Phone interview is about your resume and some digital fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• how to achieve clock gating and the consequence of Setup and hold violation   Answer Question