Western Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Digital Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.8

RAMPProgram Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Very fast response time after application submission. Talent acquisition department does well to stay on top of all applications and are good about scheduling interview dates with candidates. Overall the interview was great; met each interviewer separately (3 interviewers total). Asked your run-of-the-mill questions, felt very conversational.

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It was an all day interview process. I with 7 individuals, some peers in the position, others were internal customers of the group's functional output, as well as the hiring manager and human resources recruiter. Each interview lasted approx 30-45 minutes. And the hiring manager took me to lunch as part of his interview time slot which was the initial 30 minutes in the office and then a little over an hour at lunch.

Interview Questions

• Cultural fit within the company. What was I looking for in terms of people that would work with me and the type of manager that I work best with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

straight forward. I negotiated a 15% increase in starting pay over their original offer.

Senior Engineer Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Digital in August 2016.

Interview

At times it felt that the questions that were asked were irrelevant and didn't pertain to my work experience. Some of the panel members came across brusque right from the start and some of the others seem not to know the answers to the questions they were asking which turned me off. Others were reasonable though and I enjoyed the discussion.

Interview Questions

• Some of the typical questions like gave an example of a leadership role you played.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It went relatively smoothly. The process was very typical. Like any other interview I suppose.
    There is really nothing notable about this interview. I just remember there was one guy who was really a jerk during the interview...but he was let go a long time ago.

Interview Questions

• It requires a lot of overtime...are you okay with that?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It was a one day interview with 8 people including lunch and dinner. Very high pressure and all wanted to know if you were Superman and why. In the end, all input goes to the hiring VP. You can be blackballed by one of the interviewers but the hiring VP can over-rule for the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions. How much experience you have. How long have you worked at. Why did you leave. Why are you interviewing for this position. etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn. One week later I had a phone interview, then an interview within two days. The interview was cut short to 30 minutes. Then after two weeks, I heard back.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? How do you handle uncertainty? Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once I received the offer I was told my hourly rate. Then I pushed back and was able to negotiate with the recruiter a greater per hour rate.

WD RAMP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about 3 weeks. First was an online assessment. Basics of EE and CE questions. you have to know your circuits, digital logic, and some programming problems. If you did well on the test. you will be selected to the "super day" interview. It's gonna be two 45 minutes back to back technical interviews with multiple WD employees.

RAMP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

University Relations team reached out with a examination. This examination took place online and consisted of many EE and CS related questions. Hiring managers would contact after completing the examination if the applicant met their desired qualifications.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Mountain View, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about a month and a half. First is a online technical assessment, and then when they select applicants from that group you go for an in-person Super Day of interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied through my college career fair. Got called in to take a test and then again for the in person interview. The interviews started with breakfast with a group of other candidates. My group consisted of mostly UCI students so the conversation seemed geared towards them. I quickly felt left out and sometimes picked on for being from a different college. By the time for the one on ones, I could see that the culture did not fit with me and only continued for the interview practice.