Western Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Digital Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Interview with potential boss / team members for 30 minutes each. There was a quick test on technical skills. Everyone were friendly. Feels more like chatting than interviewing. Overall: great experience

Interview Questions

• Common questions: why do i want to join, what's my outlook for next 5 years, who's the competitors, previous experience   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was 3 interviews 30 minutes each. Two technical interviews and the last one was HR. They ask you basic algorithm questions such count the amount of 1's in a byte. Then you have to write the code on a white board. The first part of the interview was pretty good but the second involved a guy who just talk for the whole 30 minutes about what he does. Didn't ask one question. The last guy just asked basic interview question like "what do you like to do", "why are the best fit for WD". Overall, I wasn't happy with my experience due to the fact that there was a guy in my group that was wearing flip flops and untucked shirt who got the job. He got the job because he knew someone (that's what he told us). I might of not been the best candidate for the job but at least give everyone a fair chance.

Interview Questions

• Q: Count the amount of 1's in a byte   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved meeting multiple engineers who asked different questions related to my previous work experience, my hobbies, technical questions that cover topics specified in my Curricula Vitae (i.e. resume) and what I liked and disliked about my previous positions. Context was given as to the position responsibilities.

IT Tech Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Interview with supervisor (job briefing) - took about 30 minutes

Interview with 2 potential co-workers (technical interview) - took about 30 minutes

Interview with Manager (personal interview) - 1 hour

All the interviews were really casual and chill. I was only nervous because it was my first interview after graduating college. Even though I felt like I didn't do great on the interviews, they were still willing to give me an opportunity. Most new hires will start off as temporary-to-perm conditions, unless they really want you.

Interview Questions

• Typical technical questions relating to IT.

What are your future goals in this field?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in April 2015.

Interview

Very brief and concise, did not waste time with small talk, the interviewer was friendly and had an approachable personality, helpful and patient when questioned, provided detailed answers, friendly, on time for interview, invoked enthusiasm in me to work for the company, asked basic questions to get to know me on a deeper level.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself as an employee   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for more pay

Staff Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

from 9am to 5pm, start with an hour presentation, then 2 one on one section with director and manager, lunch with hiring manager, in the afternoon 4 one on one section with engineers mostly technical question and stuff on your resume

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

After talking with an employee at a career fair I received an email about taking an assessment test. The test was about an hour and a half and contained multiple choice questions and about two coding questions. It wasn't too difficult but make sure you have enough time. Also there were hardware specific questions even though I am a computer science major.

Interview Questions

• There was a multiple choice question on a circuit that was harder for me as a Comp Sci major   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. i was busy with my project when i received the phone call from HR. therefore, i didn't prepare anything for the phone interview. its not hard. HR just simply asked you some common questions regarding your major, your projects, what classes you've taken. the phone interview was pretty short.

Undergraduate HDD Development Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I put my name down at a university info session, and they emailed me a 90 minute online test. Did well on that, so they invited me to Irvine for their superday interview. Three interviews from three different teams, each 90 minutes. Also included was lunch and a lab tour at the end. The recruiter doesn't actually interview you, and I'm pretty sure everyone who signed up at the info session received the test.

Interview Questions

• The interview really depends on the interviewers. I didn't get asked too many technical questions except by one: given an integer array and an integer, print all non-duplicate pairs in the array that sum to the integer in O(n).   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Western Digital's website. I got a phone call not too long after asking to schedule a phone interview. Afterwards, I had my phone interview but didn't get an offer. The interview was mostly behavioral questions and asking about my experience with HR.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a coloring book, would you color inside the lines?   Answer Question