Western Digital Launch Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Digital Launch Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

There were 4 interviews. Mainly went through the resume. A few technical questions that were pretty basic. Mostly behavioral questions. Everyone was super nice and explained the work they performed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Start: OCT 2019
    I applied online for the Launch Engineering, Master students.
    1- In a week, I got an email to schedule a phone interview
    2- They called me; very simple and straightforward resume questions by a very nice HR
    3- Called me in a week that they have a super interview next week, and they are going to fly me to San Jose
    4- Got me a flight and offered me a hotel and a rental car
    5- Interviews from 9 to 12. There were four interviews back to back with different engineering teams (With potential teammates and managers separately.) There were no HR interviews on this day
    6- They showed interest in my work during the interview, but they were more into my attitude towards problem-solving
    7- Got a call in less than a week; they offered me a Job!
    End: NOV 2019
    Good luck!
    P.S. VERY, I cannot stress this enough, VERY friendly people there.

Launch Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

I talked to them at a campus job fair, after that I applied online.
    HR phone call after applying online, then assessment quiz, then onsite with 4 interviews
    onsite interview lasted about 2 hours about 30 mins each.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

3 - 45 min. interviews, split between projects and technical questions.
    Asked about OOP concepts (linked list), C programming (malloc, heap, stack, pointers) , computer OS (interrupts), oscilloscope. Engineers were nice but not very talkative.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a microcontroller and microprocessor?   Answer Question

Launch Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

phone screen interview with HR. The whole process last about 10-15 min. HR was kind and just asked about your background and some basic definitions. Also there are questions about some cases

Interview Questions

• Some case questions like how will you react to some specific supply chain situations   Answer Question

Launch Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

It was great. Really learned a lot about the company along with the various positions possible and how the process of applying worked. Did an over the phone resume review and then took a technical test.

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very positive. It started with 30-minute phone interview, after which I was provided with an online skill test. The test was very straightforward, some multiple choice EE and CE questions, with some coding problems. There were no tricky questions, it's not to test if you're a super genius engineer but rather it's just to prove you actually do know the fundamentals of your field.

About a week afterwards I was invited out to the Milpitas branch for an in-person interview. All expenses were paid by WD, food, flight, lodging, etc. The hotel room they reserved for me was super nice, throughout the experience I was treated very well. At the interview I met with 4 engineers one-by-one to discuss my experience and skills. The interviewers also asked some technical questions, but nothing tricky or unexpected though. The interviews were very straightforward, no silly "what is your greatest weakness"-esque questions. It was entirely discussing my technical strengths, past projects, and and showing them how I work through problems. Very enjoyable experience. Everyone I worked with throughout the experience was extremely kind, helpful, and polite.

About a week after the interview I got a call offering me the job and I quickly accepted. There was no haggling about salary which I saw as a positive thing, but it's not like it was necessary anyway because I was very pleased with the salary they offered me. Overall the entire process was extremely positive, I was treated very well, the interviews themselves had no tricks or asinine elements, I'll definitely be recommending WD to my friends in the future.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions relating to projects I have done in the past. Namely "What is the biggest challenge you encountered while working on this?" or "What would you have done differently on this task knowing what you know now?"   Answer Question

Launch Engineer Interview

Interview

After an online interview process, I was invited to a super day where I had 4 interviews in a 4 hour span. 2 were technical, and 2 were more personal but all contained technical content

Interview Questions

• Do you think of yourself more as a software or a hardware engineer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Contacted by a HR and invited to do an interview at their Irvine office.
    The interview was a shorter version of their Super day. They began with an introductory presentation of what the job was for then went straight to 4 interviews. 2 of which were behavioral and the other 2 technical.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral, asking about your experience with working in teams.
      One of the interviewers did ask simple riddles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Quick phone screen with an HR rep and then flown out to Milpitas for an interview. The onsite day consisted of a tour of the facility and then a quick interview with 2 engineers and then an interview with the same HR coordinator I worked with on the phone.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot your computer screen going blank   1 Answer