Western Digital Launch Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2018

2.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Contacted by a HR and invited to do an interview at their Irvine office.
The interview was a shorter version of their Super day. They began with an introductory presentation of what the job was for then went straight to 4 interviews. 2 of which were behavioral and the other 2 technical.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral, asking about your experience with working in teams.
    One of the interviewers did ask simple riddles.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Quick phone screen with an HR rep and then flown out to Milpitas for an interview. The onsite day consisted of a tour of the facility and then a quick interview with 2 engineers and then an interview with the same HR coordinator I worked with on the phone.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot your computer screen going blank   1 Answer

Launch Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

On site, started with an informal lunch/overview of the division. Then we were split up for 4 rounds of individual interviews. The day finished with a tour of the campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

HR round was very simple. Just asked about my resume. Second round were two video interviews. Lots of technical questions. Why western digital? How do you use oscilloscope ? Draw an inverter. Explain cmos

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First there's phone screen, HR person is very friendly. 2 days later i got an email invite to on-site interview: Super day. My time slot has 6-7 applicants, each applicant will do interview separately in 4 stages: 2 behavioral + 2 technical interviews, each lasts about 30-45 minutes. after that there's a lab tour, the whole process is about 4 hours. I get both programming & electronic circuit design questions since I'm ECE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Received an email about 3 weeks later with a assessment test. The test contains 80% cs questions even it was for EE students. Had two programming questions.

Launch Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

One online test based on basic EE stuff and some programing skill. After that, you get a 4 small interviews at WD, 2 technical 2 behavioral each one is about half an hour. At the end, you will take a tour.

Interview Questions

• What is the sampling rate if you have a 100 MHz sin wave.   Answer Question