Western Digital Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

A recruiter called me a few days after I submit my application and was extremely professional and really sweet. After speaking with her for just a few minutes she scheduled a phone interview with the executive I would be assisting. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and went very well, I was then invited on-site. I met with one of the executives coworkers and he seemed really surprised he was the only person who would be interviewing me, besides the executive. The interview went really well until about 40 minutes in when it ended really abruptly because the executive was in a meeting and wouldn't be able to meet with me that day.

I followed up several times with both the recruiter and the executive and finally 3 weeks later received an email from her saying that they decided to go in a different direction for the role.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working for someone who can be really tough?   Answer Question

Launch Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First there's phone screen, HR person is very friendly. 2 days later i got an email invite to on-site interview: Super day. My time slot has 6-7 applicants, each applicant will do interview separately in 4 stages: 2 behavioral + 2 technical interviews, each lasts about 30-45 minutes. after that there's a lab tour, the whole process is about 4 hours. I get both programming & electronic circuit design questions since I'm ECE

Launch Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Received an email about 3 weeks later with a assessment test. The test contains 80% cs questions even it was for EE students. Had two programming questions.

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It was an all day interview process. I with 7 individuals, some peers in the position, others were internal customers of the group's functional output, as well as the hiring manager and human resources recruiter. Each interview lasted approx 30-45 minutes. And the hiring manager took me to lunch as part of his interview time slot which was the initial 30 minutes in the office and then a little over an hour at lunch.

Interview Questions

• Cultural fit within the company. What was I looking for in terms of people that would work with me and the type of manager that I work best with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

straight forward. I negotiated a 15% increase in starting pay over their original offer.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It went relatively smoothly. The process was very typical. Like any other interview I suppose.
    There is really nothing notable about this interview. I just remember there was one guy who was really a jerk during the interview...but he was let go a long time ago.

Interview Questions

• It requires a lot of overtime...are you okay with that?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It was a one day interview with 8 people including lunch and dinner. Very high pressure and all wanted to know if you were Superman and why. In the end, all input goes to the hiring VP. You can be blackballed by one of the interviewers but the hiring VP can over-rule for the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions. How much experience you have. How long have you worked at. Why did you leave. Why are you interviewing for this position. etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn. One week later I had a phone interview, then an interview within two days. The interview was cut short to 30 minutes. Then after two weeks, I heard back.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? How do you handle uncertainty? Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once I received the offer I was told my hourly rate. Then I pushed back and was able to negotiate with the recruiter a greater per hour rate.

WD RAMP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about 3 weeks. First was an online assessment. Basics of EE and CE questions. you have to know your circuits, digital logic, and some programming problems. If you did well on the test. you will be selected to the "super day" interview. It's gonna be two 45 minutes back to back technical interviews with multiple WD employees.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied through my college career fair. Got called in to take a test and then again for the in person interview. The interviews started with breakfast with a group of other candidates. My group consisted of mostly UCI students so the conversation seemed geared towards them. I quickly felt left out and sometimes picked on for being from a different college. By the time for the one on ones, I could see that the culture did not fit with me and only continued for the interview practice.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Start the day with an WD introduction which was an hour long, followed by 2 General Interviews each 30 mins long, and 2 Technical Interviews each 45 mins long. each interview was conducted by someone different so you have to impress each one if you want the job. Finish with a half hour tour of the labs.

Interview Questions

• Write a function which multiples 2 integers without using the multiply operator.   3 Answers