Western Digital Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.6

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Hackkerank coding challenge, then got a phone call for the onsite interview. It was a group interview of about 6 people and I went through 3 rounds, 2 coding and 1 resume discussion.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Mountain View, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about a month and a half. First is a online technical assessment, and then when they select applicants from that group you go for an in-person Super Day of interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Mountain View, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved meeting multiple engineers who asked different questions related to my previous work experience, my hobbies, technical questions that cover topics specified in my Curricula Vitae (i.e. resume) and what I liked and disliked about my previous positions. Context was given as to the position responsibilities.

Senior Director Content Solutions Data Center Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Western Digital (Mountain View, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was long journey which took almost a month of my life :) I have got 25 emails from WD before my interview was scheduled. Finally I had to take a PTO to spend entire day in the office located in Mountain View, CA.
    I was placed into a meeting room, so people came to me one by one.
    Being an experienced manager and having lots of experience in recruiting process I found several issues during interview process and I'd like to highlight the most bright of them:
    1. People who interviewed me didn't read my resume in advance
    2. Most of interviews were not confident to answer on my questions and were scared to discuss new technologies
    3. Air conditioner system in the meeting room was out of control. Also it was funny to see that interviewers dressed their jackets while I was completely unprepared for that and after spending couple more hours I started thinking that someone decided to make experiment on me. Finally I caught a cold on the next day.
    4. Nobody notified me about absence of free drinks. There is a commercial beverage fridge, so if you don't have cash you can drink water from a tap in bathroom.
    5. My interviewers have been working in WD from 8 to 30 years, and I really saw a horror in their eyes when I was trying to explain how cloud based technology works and how cool it will be for WD to have cloud solutions been implemented.
    6. As expected: nobody sent me any response or feedback after interview :)

I really wasted my time.
    I wish them well to survive on the market :)

Interview Questions

• Some micro tech questions, like command line attributes etc. :)   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (Mountain View, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Got call from recruiter. Interview was scheduled for whole day. Spoke to 5 different engineers and manager. Each interviewer asked mainly on previous projects worked and some basic algorithm questions about sorting.