Western Digital Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

FPGA Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Got the call through a conference. It is basically a logic optimization company looking to produce high performance logic on FPGAs. It was a one hour on site interview. It was fully technical. No behavioral questions. Questions were asked based on logic I have used in my projects in resume to get high throughput. It was a very interactive session. 4 on 1 interview

Interview Questions

• Describe how OpenCL in VHDL was better than OpenCL on FPGA   1 Answer

Software QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then On-site 6 panel interview. Ask about experience and Behavior questions. minor technical questions about sql and api testing, a lot of integration questions on how to test the product.

Interview Questions

• what are your weaknesses, How to test the product, Bug related questions   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email requesting availability for on-site interview. No response after after that. I sent three emails, 1st to confirm availability, other two asking for status updates leading upto the tentative interview day. Haven't gotten a single reply.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I initially received a auto notification that I was not being considered for the position to which I applied for. I then was contacted and told that it was an error and there was an interest. I arranged an initial phone interview with the hiring manager and did not hear anything for 2 weeks. I was then called and asked if I could go onsite for an interview. I completed that and then was asked to quickly come in and complete a round of 5 interviews. I completed that and then asked to come back for 3 more interviews. At the end of my 3rd interview which was more than a month ago, I was told I would hear fairly quickly the next steps. After reaching out to the recruiter 3 times over the last month, I have not been given any concrete feedback or update, just that there is still research being done on the feedback. Any update, such as they are sourcing more candidates or something is better than being left with no news and no direction as to the status of the opening.

The lack of follow through is terrible and leaves a sour taste in my mouth as a candidate. What I felt was a promising opportunity turned into empty expectations and a relief that I have not heard anything since. The way you treat your candidates is indicative of the way you treat your employees and this is a red flag and a breath of fresh air that I was left hanging in the wind and not job offered.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Incredibly unorganized. I applied through my school's website and was immediately asked to answer some behavioral questions. The woman I first spoke with had just learned about the internship program and couldn't answer a single question I had about the actual position itself. Further, there were 5 different, tangentially related, positions and the call was for a different one than had I applied to. I had to fill out 3-4 different sets of forms, with the same exact information (work experience, personal info, etc...) before the onsite, which was incredibly annoying. The onsite was very long - 6 back to back interviews, most of them asking the same questions again and again. The questions were all very basic, behavioral questions and were not stimulating in any way. The recruiter said she'd get back to me in 1 week. No response. I emailed her after 2 weeks. No response. I emailed her twice more regarding the reimbursement for transportation we had previously agreed on. No response. Thanks WD for agreeing to pay my $100+ uber rides, only to completely ignore my requests.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Hackkerank coding challenge, then got a phone call for the onsite interview. It was a group interview of about 6 people and I went through 3 rounds, 2 coding and 1 resume discussion.

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone screen with recruiter, then on-site interview to meet with the hiring manager and his direct supervisor. Final round included a lunch with hiring manager, executive, and another team member.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience and understanding of the company   Answer Question

Big Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone call with a university recruiter about my previous experience and college courses, and what I was interested in. Flown out for 3 interviews with the team managers.

Launch Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

HR round was very simple. Just asked about my resume. Second round were two video interviews. Lots of technical questions. Why western digital? How do you use oscilloscope ? Draw an inverter. Explain cmos

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was first interviewed by hiring manager via phone for about 30 minuets. The interview was mostly simple question about my background and different skills listed in my resume. In couple of days I received an email inviting me for a onsite interview. The onsite interview took from 11 AM to 3:00 PM including lunch. Most people were nice and the questions included simple background questions. I was also questioned about the basics of 3D nand memory, how it works, writing and reading cycles and etc. I was able to answer almost all of the questions. However the hiring manager asked me some in depth questions regarding to Reactive ion etching of silicon for high aspect ratio structure which I failed. The interview also included behavioral questions. I did not receive any feedback from the company in a month. So I decided to call and found out they are considering other candidates.

Interview Questions

• In depth RIE question: What is the chemical reaction on reactive ion etching of silicon with SF6? what are challenges in etching deep trenches? What happens to the ions at the interface?
      3D-Nand memory basic question: What is the idea behind going from 2D to 3D? What improvements took place in 2D memories for increasing capacity?   Answer Question