Western Digital Senior Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Digital Senior Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

9 people interview and lunch talk with the director on the industry and your interests. And you can meet with your top boss. Most interview questions are base on my project, so if you have a good prepared, you will feel easy on that.

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Informed by one of my class lecturer that there's an opening in WD. Send out my resume and receive a phone from hiring manager. He asked some skills and experiences that I have (C,C++,Linux, Control theory) then processed with an on-site interview in San Jose. Interview took half day and I was met with 8 manager + 1 HR. My knowledge about C, C++ programming, servo control theory was deeply tested.

Interview Questions

• Write a C function transfer a char string contains 0-9 into int   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

got a phone interview after summit my resume on college career fair one month later, after two weeks, got a on site 9 person one by one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (Fremont, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Got a phone interview and was asked to go to Fremont site 2 days later. I made a 30 min presentation on the interview day about what I have done, then talked to 6 people in 3 hours.
    They mainly focus on the resume and asked several technique questions. Very friendly people and a nice experience. They are in hire freeze now, no offer made yet.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)) in November 2009.

Interview

It's not too lengthy but not too complicated as expected.
    Just be honest & ask question as necessary about the company work.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to be in next 5 years?
      What can you contribute to the company for you to be worth hiring?   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR will be the focal in term of monetary & compensation, including relocation.

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

Got an email invitation to onsite interview directly without phone screen...
    Spent half day from 1pm to 6pm, no lunch interview....
    7 people total, talked with 6 of them. 1 of them could not come due to too busy...
    Got the offer a week later
    Background check, ref check
    The whole interview process was good

Interview Questions

• I was a new hire and the interviewers were easy on me. Most of the Questions are resume based and not that difficult to anwser.but it depends on if the dept lack of people or not. Other dept's interview may be tough   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for college grad

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital in June 2010.

Interview

Well organized work place.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions on the product   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)) in January 2009.

Interview

good and nice guys

Interview Questions

• describe yourself and background   1 Answer
    • how many company you have working with of rpast???   Answer Question

Negotiation

tough

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Western Digital (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was good.They focus more on the embedded background .Be strong in C and data structures.Mostly 3 rounds of interview will be there.Offer will be released in 2 weeks time

Interview Questions

• Question regarding RAM memory   1 Answer