Western Digital Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Digital Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Emails, interview, not a lot of technical questions

Negotiation

was no negotiation phase

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone screen with a technical manager (above ~25 people). After a few questions about my background, he gave me information about the department and some hard drive overview information.

One week later, I was flown to San Jose for my on-site interview, which consisted of seven 1:1 interviews with engineers and technical managers followed by an informational interview with HR to discuss benefits.

Interviewers seemed very interested in my background and technical/design experiences. Some asked me technical questions (mostly textbook-based about strength, stiffness, material properties, frequency analysis), some asked about my background and projects, some asked me some "puzzlers," and all asked what I was interested in doing if I join the group (CAD, testing/qualification, or analysis).

Interview Questions

• What are stress and strain? How can you calculate beam deflection under loading? How can you calculate resonant frequency of a mass-spring system?   Answer Question

Negotiation

New grad, so not much room to negotiate. Got relocation money and temporary housing.