Western Digital Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Digital Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone screen with a technical manager (above ~25 people). After a few questions about my background, he gave me information about the department and some hard drive overview information.

One week later, I was flown to San Jose for my on-site interview, which consisted of seven 1:1 interviews with engineers and technical managers followed by an informational interview with HR to discuss benefits.

Interviewers seemed very interested in my background and technical/design experiences. Some asked me technical questions (mostly textbook-based about strength, stiffness, material properties, frequency analysis), some asked about my background and projects, some asked me some "puzzlers," and all asked what I was interested in doing if I join the group (CAD, testing/qualification, or analysis).

Interview Questions

• What are stress and strain? How can you calculate beam deflection under loading? How can you calculate resonant frequency of a mass-spring system?   Answer Question

Negotiation

New grad, so not much room to negotiate. Got relocation money and temporary housing.

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Emails, interview, not a lot of technical questions

Negotiation

was no negotiation phase