Western Digital Senior Staff Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Digital Senior Staff Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The whole process is: 1 run of telephone screen + 1 day on-site. The on-site interview started with 40mins presentation and followed by 1:1 with interview committee. The interview questions contained both technical questions and work ethic questions. The interviewers are friendly. They also answered my questions about the company business, job responsibility, and work environment.

Interview Questions

• How to work with people having different technical and culture background? Explain with examples.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an on-site interview.

During the on-site interview, I talked to the hiring manager, another manager, the recruiter, and several future coworkers. Each person took around 30 minutes. I was shuttled in, interviewed and shuttled out in the same day. We went out to lunch in between.

The recruiter was a little sketchy and indirectly asked for some information that I did not think was appropriate. It gave me some pause to think about what kind of a place this was.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Fremont, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Half day process. 1. meeting with hiring manager. 2 meeting with 3-4 colleagues, 3. meeting with the HR to wrap up. 30 minutes for each interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult technical questions for you if you are in the "circle" of magnetic recording. People have to show team spirit, tolerance of the possible extra working hours and motivation for this job.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Western Digital in February 2010.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then on to a face to face. I talked with 8 different people; other engineers, the hiring manager, managers from related groups and the VP. Each interview was focused more on how I thought through questions, and what I had done, to demonstrate I could solve problems. It was a hybrid of Behavioral interviewing and seeing what makes me tick.

Interview Questions

• What was a major problem you solved in your last job, and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much. WD offered a fair salary, relocation benefits, and turned out to be flexible in how they administered teh relocation.