Western Digital Staff Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Digital Staff Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Recruiter called about position, submitted online resume, then phone calls from hiring manager and additional calls from other engineers. Onsite interview had a few 1:1s along with hiring manager and HR manager.

Interview Questions

• All about resume. Why you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Staff Engineer Interview

Interview

HR contact for phone interview for general questions. After few days, schedule for on-site interview. For on-site interview, ask for a presentation and then 1 on 1 interview with 5 interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the manager and then a full day of on-site interviews. Everyone was extremely nice. I was lucky enough to skip the HR part of the interview due to an employee referral.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA).

Interview

2 Phone interview and 1 on site interview. For the first phone interview I got programming questions and control system questions. For the second, I got general questions on many topics. For the on site interview I got C\C++ programming questions and control system related questions. Besides that average behavioral questions or tell me about yourself type of questions.

Interview Questions

• C\C++ programming questions and control system related questions. Besides that average behavioral questions or tell me about yourself type of questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview lasts about 4 hours, 6 people 1:1. People are very friendly and nice. 1 or 2 tough technical questions about the skills required by the position, and others are behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us top 3 things you think you'll need to improve/strengthen.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call from the hiring manager and a few weeks later, on-site interview. There are 7 people from different level and department (surprisingly no HR) and each has 30min. People are very professional and friendly. There are a few questions I can feel it is a personality test but I did my best to react properly. There is no presentation requested but I prepared a few slides just in case. Turn out to be a great idea.

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Quick phone screening. Nothing for 2 weeks, then the recruiter called again to set up an onsite interview. One on one interview with different folks, all done in 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe someone you were having difficulties working with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

easy

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Mostly programming, and conceptual questions on CS fundamentals. Prior experience knowledge. Engineer and director level interviews. Not hard if prepared well. HR interview only for compensation purpose.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation