Western Digital Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Digital Test Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.3

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Western Digital in January 2017.

Interview

Came to the school's career fair.
- took the resume, but did not look at it. And asked to explain yourself. (taking first impression)

3 days later, an email came with online exam.
Has 7 days to finish online exame (around 2 hour).
- 20 multiple choice question varying estimating various things, basic electrical knowledge, and basic programming knowledge.
- 2 programming question mainly bit manipulating and string manipulation
- Will respond within 2 weeks. (no response for me).

Contacted after 2 month. Did informal phone HR interview. and Asked to go to San Jose for Super Day interview.

4 45-min interviews. 1 by HR, 2 by hiring departments, and 1 by another department.
Asked basic coding question, brain teasers. pas experience.

Interview Questions

• For a given problem, how do you approach it? explain step by step.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Highly unorganized. Flew me out to San Jose, but didnt plan enough time for the interview before I had to be back at the airport. They had behavioral questions only and I interviewed with four different people.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR about job description, went through resume, and was asked behavioral questions. Then had another phone interview with engineer and was asked about OOP, sorting algorithms, and more behavioral questions. On-site interview would have been next, but I was disappointed to find out that the job didn't involve me doing any programming.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

- casual phone interview
    - multi person interview panel
    - mostly non technical
    - basic understanding of programming

Negotiation

Accepted as is.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Hour long written test. Fairly easy if you know programming basics. 4 separate 30 minute one on one interviews. Interview had a mixture of behavioral and technical question. Hated having to introduce myself 4 different times and give the same sales pitch as to why I would their company. Overall not too bad. I expected worse.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewed with 4 engineers. Basically went through resume and asked about knowledge of HDs

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2019.

Interview

First a phone interview by Hr and a technical with 3 people. They asked about education and hands on experience. There are two algorithm question dealing with an array of integers. the interview result is given after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• two hand written algorithm question   1 Answer