Western Governors University Evaluator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Governors University Evaluator Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Governors University

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Western Governors University (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

It was long -- took 4 month with no updates in between. I spoke with the team lead and the supervisor. Both were knowledgeable and very kind. They were both previous teachers, too.

Interview Questions

• How can you offer help to students without giving them the answers?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Western Governors University

Evaluator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview

Started with a phone screening, then a web cam interview, followed by a longer phone interview. They picked up my resume several months after I applied for a different job within the university.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in my background as a teacher, my opinions on grading and feedback, and my level of comfort with doing work online. We discussed the WGU competency-based model as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

I had applied to WGU many times over the years. I would make it past the HR and department interview but never got the final interview and offer until I got hired as an evaluator. Interview is pretty standard, first with HR and then with hiring manager. Early on there were also a few coworkers on the call but later interviews did not. Some departments use a webcam meeting format.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they have a set salary.

Evaluator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview

I spoke on the phone for 30 minutes. The interview seemed to go really well. I was called back a couple of days later. The interviewer asked if I would be willing to move to Utah. The position was listed as remote. I am unable to move so I didn't get it.

Evaluator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview

Applied online and about a week later I received an email by a recruiter to select a date and time for an interview. A week later I spoke with the recruiter for approximately 45 minutes. My information was forwarded to the hiring manager and a second interview was set up. The second interview included the hiring manager and supervisor. The interview was approximately 45-50 minutes and it went really well. It's been nearly 3 weeks and I haven't heard from anyone regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you've had to work with someone who was a challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2018.

Interview

I submitted my application and profile online. One week later I was scheduled for a telephone screening/interview. The following week I was scheduled for a webcam interview, and finally approximately one week later I was scheduled for another telephone interview. Overall the process was quick and informative - Very professional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about competency-based education?   Answer Question
    • How would you instruct students on what's missing from their work without telling the answers on how to correct the error?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Telephone, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

You interview with a couple of different people that are at different levels. The first interviews tells you a lot about the position which allows them and you to see if you are a potentially good fit

Interview Questions

• About a time you had a conflict with another employee and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Remote, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview- questions regarding the university and online learning
    writing assessment--- responding to papers submitted by students (hypothetical)
    A review of computer needs
    knowledge of basic computer programs - Blackboard- Taskstream- Office 360

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for WGU
      Why an online environment
      What do you know about WGU
      What do you know about competency based learning
      What is your opinion about competency based learning   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

The first step was a call with the recruiter. She was so nice and helped me feel comfortable over the phone. The interview to hire process can sometimes take several months, but luckily she noted that this position needs to be filled as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about WGU's competency based model?
      2. What do you know about the evaluator role?
      3. What are your salary expectations?
      4. Tell me about a time you had to learn a new type of software.
      5. Tell me about about your background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2018.

Interview

I submitted an application online, within 2 weeks was selected for a phone interview. Once a date was set for the interview it was canceled and reset by hr representative. As far as I am concerned and told the interview went very well and my information was being forward to the hiring manager. I was also told if I did not hear anything back in 2 weeks callback for a status update. When I call back no answer. Then followed-up with an email no response. On the second day, I tried contacting the hr representative again I got no phone response. Instead, I got a generic rejection email. Please be mindful of hr representatives for this company-great at leading applicants on with a positive spin. I have interviewed for two different positions with the same outcome.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for WGU?
      What do you know about competence based learning?
      When was the last time you had to learn a new software?
      When was a time you had to take a leadership role?   Answer Question