Western Governors University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.7

204 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Security Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview

There were a panel of four interviewers. Three of them never smiled at all during the interview. This didn't feel inviting at all. If I was offered a position with them I think I would have been miserable.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a problem with a client. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone screen, phone interview, three in-person interviews.

Interviews consisted of average questions such as explain your current role, background, why I was looking for a change. Majority of interviewers explained their vision around role and organization.

- Phone screen was standard; overall communication was very personable, optimistic.
    - Phone and in-person interviews consisted of standard interview questions as well as extensive, more relaxed conversation about our different backgrounds, strategy, etc.
    - One in-person interview was focused around using technology and tools.
    - Another in-person interview started 15 minutes late, interviewer seemed very disinterested and looked at their phone several times, literally barely said a word when I asked several questions, didn't walk me out of the office.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a sense of humor?   1 Answer

Accessibility Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Remote, OR).

Interview

An offer was extended to me with a salary of 15% less than what the recruiter originally quoted me. The offer was then taken away when I asked for the salary that was quoted to me. They never contacted me to let me know the offer was rescinded. I finally got back in touch with them only to hear they had filled the position. It was handled in an extremely unethical way. So poor. Awful place.

Student Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview

Applied online and received an email with an offer to schedule an initial interview via adobe connect. Interviewed with a talent acquisition professional who outline the job and verified my resume experience. Interviewed a few weeks later with a program manager.

Interview Questions

• What about your professional experience will make you a good fit as a student mentor   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a student who was struggling to progress   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Louisville, KY) in July 2017.

Interview

First received an email to set up the fisr interview. Then a few days layer was asked to interview with program manager. Two weeks later intervied with a senior manager and was told I would receive an offer the following week.

Student Mentor - Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an invite for interview with talent recruiter within a few days. Recruiter was very helpful to address questions about the position and what next steps could be expected in the interviewing and hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What roles/positions have you held that included performance of teaching/mentoring responsibilities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

Lasts about 30 minutes. Interviewer was kind. Asked questions about why I am considering leaving current employer- questions about the university and competency based learning. Explained what the job entailed.

Course Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Portland, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

I took part in an online Adobe Connect screening interview in which I was asked basic questions about my resume and experience and the recruiter described the position. I was called back for a second interview, but I decided to decline as the work schedule would not work for me. The open position was Tuesday through Saturday and I was required to work from a home office and I travel some so this would not fit with my current lifestyle.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through email three days after applying, and scheduled a time to meet with the recruiter. It was suggested I review their website before the interview.

The interview lasted fifteen minutes, and I was told another may be scheduled by HR if they determined my skill set was right.

I received an email one week after the interview that another candidate had been selected.

Interview Questions

• How was Western Governors founded? (direct from their website)   Answer Question
    • What are your thoughts on competency-based learning? (direct from their website0   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your previous position?   Answer Question

Course Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

The entire process was very quick, 3 weeks. I sent in my application and had an interview request the next business day. The first interview uses adobe connect for the video and a conference line for the audio. You need to download a plugin for adobe connect, but you arenr prompted to do so until you try to enter the conference room. The first interview is with an hr person. They ask you about your resume. In addition to teaching experience I have lots of research experience. Rather than asking about teaching I was asked about my research background to make sure my passion is in education. They also want to make sure you have a strong internet connection and a dedicated office. I was asked of a second interview a few hours later. The second interview is with the course mentor supervisor and the next level boss. In this interview they ask about teaching style. They also ask you a few different ways why you want this job. Most of the students are non-traditional, so they want to make sure you will be able to work well with that demographic. The third interview is with other course mentors. It was a very laid back interview. They want to make sure you will fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe your office   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this job?   Answer Question
    • Most of our students work full time jobs, have families, and have other obligations besides their course work. Many of these students become frustrated. How would you handle a student like this? Have you had a similar student before?   Answer Question
    • This is a 40 hour a week job. Occasionally you will have to work more hours. How do you feel about that?   Answer Question