Western Governors University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.7

Placement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

very quick turnaround from when I talked to them to when my appt was scheduled. I met at the main office in SLC, UT and had an in person and on phone interview with all managers

Interview Questions

• How I would handle multiple students and tight deadlines   1 Answer

IT Security Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview

There were a panel of four interviewers. Three of them never smiled at all during the interview. This didn't feel inviting at all. If I was offered a position with them I think I would have been miserable.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a problem with a client. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Student Mentor - Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Toledo, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

initial phone interview and then 2 Skype interviews The initial phone interview was a screening- the first online face to face was with HR representative and the 2nd was with a senior member of management

Interview Questions

• name a time a student was failing. How did you help them become successful?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone screen, phone interview, three in-person interviews.

Interviews consisted of average questions such as explain your current role, background, why I was looking for a change. Majority of interviewers explained their vision around role and organization.

- Phone screen was standard; overall communication was very personable, optimistic.
    - Phone and in-person interviews consisted of standard interview questions as well as extensive, more relaxed conversation about our different backgrounds, strategy, etc.
    - One in-person interview was focused around using technology and tools.
    - Another in-person interview started 15 minutes late, interviewer seemed very disinterested and looked at their phone several times, literally barely said a word when I asked several questions, didn't walk me out of the office.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a sense of humor?   1 Answer

Course Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a time and day for interviewing. He did not notify until the time of the interview that the position was no longer available after I had prepared.

Course Mentor: Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

After about two weeks from application an email stating "Thank you for applying to Western Governors University. After reviewing your resume, I would like to set up a 30-40 minute interview via adobe connect for the current open position of ..." and offered a link to book time slot for the interview. The data was confirmed by separate email with a link to connect on the scheduled day/time.

Interview Questions

• Briefly describe your career path...   1 Answer

Accessibility Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Remote, OR).

Interview

An offer was extended to me with a salary of 15% less than what the recruiter originally quoted me. The offer was then taken away when I asked for the salary that was quoted to me. They never contacted me to let me know the offer was rescinded. I finally got back in touch with them only to hear they had filled the position. It was handled in an extremely unethical way. So poor. Awful place.

Course Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Portland, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

I took part in an online Adobe Connect screening interview in which I was asked basic questions about my resume and experience and the recruiter described the position. I was called back for a second interview, but I decided to decline as the work schedule would not work for me. The open position was Tuesday through Saturday and I was required to work from a home office and I travel some so this would not fit with my current lifestyle.

Student Mentor - Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

Interview

First you get an email confirming your resume, then you get a first appointment with a recruiter, then you get a second appointment with a program manager, then one other person reviews your skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing for you as a Professor at a University?   1 Answer

Student Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Louisville, KY) in July 2017.

Interview

First received an email to set up the fisr interview. Then a few days layer was asked to interview with program manager. Two weeks later intervied with a senior manager and was told I would receive an offer the following week.