Western Governors University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Governors University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Bristol, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I had several interviews. I applied online and was contacted via phone by a recruiter for the initial interview. The second and third interviews were done via adobe connect with department and hiring managers. Overall it was a pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you needed to encourage a struggling student and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Putnam Valley, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Putnam Valley, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was online through Adobe Connect. If this is not installed on your computer, do so before the meeting - it can take a few minutes. HR rep was very cheerful, encouraging, and easy going. Asked a few basic questions and explained requirements, promised would be in contact within 5-10 days. After interview I sent a thank you email and received a prompt, and very positive response. Two weeks later I emailed asking for information and, while I received a negative reply, was encouraged to apply for other positions. Did so, and have an interview next week.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WGU and why are you interested in working here?   Answer Question
    • How will you schedule working from home and do you have a quiet place to work?   Answer Question
    • What are your experiences and why do you feel you would be a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Three interviews and an offer letter. First interview recruiter, second interview program manager, final interview HR with an offer. It was a little confusing. Was not sure what position I would be hired for at the end

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WGU? Do you like working with students? How will you support students taking all their courses online? Have you ever taught online? Do your students like you?   Answer Question

Math Center Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Remote, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position and about a week later I received an email stating that I would need to set up a time for an interview via Adobe Connect with a HR recruiter, who was very polite. He asked about my background and things on my resume. Asked me a few questions about why this position would be a good fit for me. I think that this interview went well. He said that I would be contacted within a week. I'm feeling very good about this interview. We will see what the next seven days will bring.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

2 interviews, both via Adobe Connect. Called for 1st interview. Interviewed with Talent Recruiter. She asked basic questions about the position, school and why I was qualified. Then called on the same day for second interview. 2nd interview was with 2 Program Managers. More detailed interview with each asking questions about how I would fit into position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      What are your strengths/weaknesses
      How would you handle motivating a student with 3 kids and a 1 hour commute
      Answer Question

Student Mentor - Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University in June 2016.

Interview

Three phone interviews. First interview was with human resources person, second was with a departmental representative, third/final was with a higher-level employee. Standard questions. Salary was not very good, especially for someone living in the Northeast with a high cost of living. Third interviewer was rude.

Student Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume four times for four separate jobs and was finally contact on the last submission. I made it through the first round with no further contact after that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Governors University in April 2017.

Interview

Interview with HR for screening, basically was explained the job, travel requirements, salary, etc. 2nd interview requested next morning with program manager. Interviewed via adobe connect with him and another program manager. References requested at the end of that day. Offer two days later!

Enrollment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Remote, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The process went quickly and was over the phone. It took about two weeks before I actually had a meeting scheduled. Once I had my 1st interview things moved quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The initial interview went great. The interview was completed through Adobe Connect and was with a Talent Acquisition person. She was very positive and I made me feel confident. She even made some suggestions to help me prep for the second interview, including typical questions. In hindsight, I think that this actually worked against me because I didn't prep as well as I normally would have and the questions she gave me were never even brought up. The day after my interview I received a link to some online forms they needed me to fill out including my references, then the next day I received an invitation for a 2nd interview, which was a panel interview with three people. The second interview did not go nearly as well. The 3 on 1 approach was a little intimidating and one of the interviewers even made a snarky comment about my personality and that flustered me even more and I found myself getting off-track. I felt as if I weren't answering their questions the way they wanted because they kept repeating them in a different way, which I know is not a good sign. After a week I received the form email stating "We have interviewed a high number of qualified candidates and our decision was very difficult. Regretfully, after careful consideration, we are moving forward with other candidates that more closely meet our qualifications". I have several years experience teaching online courses so I feel it was more personal than based on my qualifications, but I understand how that works in business. I also know that the first interviewer told me that they aren't actually looking for people to "teach", instead it is more of an advisory position. I would like to believe that perhaps my desire to teach was too strong.