Western Governors University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.7

Student Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Oswego, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

After receiving an interview request through email, I had my first interview. The first interview was easy. I was then invited back to a second interview with a program manager. I felt it went well. I waited 2 weeks before getting an email that I was not selected for the job. Very Disappointed.

Program Mentor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

The first interview with the recruiter was for 1 hour, using Adobe software, the online interview from my home was like being there. A very upbeat, thorough discussion, questions were appropriate with time to elaborate if I wanted to. The behavior questions were last like what would I do in a certain situation. I felt it was a great interview, efficient from booking the time slot to responding after.

Interview Questions

• To explain each previous position and what my responsibilities were.   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrow, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Barrow, AK) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview about a month ago. The recruiter told me he would get back with me in ten days to give me an update on the position. Once again another company/organization did not follow through and left me high and dry with no answer. WGU lacks professional courtesy and I think their HR screening practices are highly dubious.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an offer for interview within two days. Selected an interview for the following day. Adobe connect pre-screen interview with basic questions lasted one hour. Very upbeat personality interviewing, explained the process, and was extremely welcoming and positive. Told me I was a great candidate. Had a second interview and didn't get to ask questions I had that related to the position. Emailed to ask them and also called and left a message. I still have not heard back from anyone concerning the job.

Student Mentor - Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online 2 months ago
    Received email from recruiter for interview
    Interview in Adobe Connect using video and they record it to play for hiring manager
    2nd interview request from senior recruiter received next day
    2nd interview video recorded in Adobe Connect too
    3rd interview with senior program manager
    3rd interview has basic interview questions repeated from 2 prior interviews IN ADDITION TO a question of a student with past due assignments
    Email request for supervisor reference 1 day after 3rd interview
    Phone call with offer of employment 1 day after supervisor reference submitted
    Email summarizing offer received about 3 hours after phone call

Interview Questions

• Though I had to select SLC as the interview location, it was all done online through adobe connect.
      Walk me through your resume
      Why do you want to work at Western Governor's
      What do you know about our university
      What can you bring to the table
      Why should we select you
      If a student is late on an assignment how would you encourage them to get it done
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview

The interview process was extremely straight forward. I applied online and was contacted via email within 2 weeks to set up phone screen. Approximately 2 days after the initial phone screen I was contacted to set up an interview via Adobe Connect. Approximately 1 week after that I was contacted by the Program Manager to do 1 final interview. I was made an offer shortly after my references cleared.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career goals in 5 years? Why do you want to work with students? What do you know about WGU?   1 Answer

Manager, Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

30 minute telephone interview. WGU recruiter sent an email permitting me to schedule an available time on your calendar - worked perfectly. Recruiter called on time, was extremely pleasant and articulate. Asked current and expected salary. Shared range for this position. My current and this position are disparate. The job sounded very interesting, and WGU has an amazing opportunity to change post-secondary education in the USA. If WGU is within your salary range, highly recommend interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult management situation that you had to handle and what did you do.   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

Tell us what your weaknesses are ? Very high pressure - 2 people interviewed me at the same time . Not very comfortable. Didn't give me any idea about pay, which I found very disturbing and questionable, yet expected me to be interested anyway. Manager of Business in enrollment was nice yet evasive and I've heard things about him not too positive.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the Hiring Manager for an interview. We met and she was very nice and straight forward on the role, questions and information related to the role. A couple of weeks went by and then I had a follow up interview with the Director and Manager within the same week. I was not told if this was the final step and did not hear from anyone for about a week. Then I received an invitation for a final interview with a co-worker in the same role. Another week went by and I was contacted by the HR representative that I was still in consideration for the role. The next week, I received the offer. WGU seems like a great organization and unfortunately, I ended up declining due to another offer that came in around the same time.

Interview Questions

• Talk about how you manage projects and which systems you use.   Answer Question

Student Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

I had 2 Skype type interviews. The first one was preliminary with questions that you would expect. The second was with some "Higher Ups" and was longer. Overall, it was a smooth, rather timely experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one policy that you disagree with at your current position and what did you do about it? Give a specific example of when you had to deliver disappointing news to a student. What did you say?   Answer Question