Western Governors University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

2.7

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (New York, NY).

Interview

I was told there are plenty of opportunities for advancement. They lied. There is no room for advancement. I was also told that your schedule will be flexible. They lied again.

Student Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Applied online and received an email nearly three weeks later requesting a 30 minute interview through Adobe Connect. Was told that the recorded interview would be passed along to the program manager and I would be contacted within 1-2 weeks. Still waiting to hear back...

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WGU?
      Why would you be a good fit?

Student Mentor - Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day to schedule an online interview. It was a basic HR screen, being sure I understood the job and the requirements. Went really well and I felt good about it. Four days later I was contacted by someone who would be a student mentor supervisor and we set up another online interview. Some of the second interview was redundant, but I felt like I was well-informed about the position. It felt like she was not satisfied with me and that my answers kept falling flat. A week and a half later I got an email that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What are you the most proud of?
      Talk about a time you had to follow a policy you didn't agree with.

Student Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Oswego, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

After receiving an interview request through email, I had my first interview. The first interview was easy. I was then invited back to a second interview with a program manager. I felt it went well. I waited 2 weeks before getting an email that I was not selected for the job. Very Disappointed.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. The Recruiter was very nice and helped me get in contact with a different recruiter do a different position. They said the next round would have been a two board interviews, but I did not get that far.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WGU?   1 Answer

Program Mentor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

The first interview with the recruiter was for 1 hour, using Adobe software, the online interview from my home was like being there. A very upbeat, thorough discussion, questions were appropriate with time to elaborate if I wanted to. The behavior questions were last like what would I do in a certain situation. I felt it was a great interview, efficient from booking the time slot to responding after.

Interview Questions

• To explain each previous position and what my responsibilities were.   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrow, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Barrow, AK) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview about a month ago. The recruiter told me he would get back with me in ten days to give me an update on the position. Once again another company/organization did not follow through and left me high and dry with no answer. WGU lacks professional courtesy and I think their HR screening practices are highly dubious.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an offer for interview within two days. Selected an interview for the following day. Adobe connect pre-screen interview with basic questions lasted one hour. Very upbeat personality interviewing, explained the process, and was extremely welcoming and positive. Told me I was a great candidate. Had a second interview and didn't get to ask questions I had that related to the position. Emailed to ask them and also called and left a message. I still have not heard back from anyone concerning the job.

Student Mentor - Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online 2 months ago
    Received email from recruiter for interview
    Interview in Adobe Connect using video and they record it to play for hiring manager
    2nd interview request from senior recruiter received next day
    2nd interview video recorded in Adobe Connect too
    3rd interview with senior program manager
    3rd interview has basic interview questions repeated from 2 prior interviews IN ADDITION TO a question of a student with past due assignments
    Email request for supervisor reference 1 day after 3rd interview
    Phone call with offer of employment 1 day after supervisor reference submitted
    Email summarizing offer received about 3 hours after phone call

Interview Questions

• Though I had to select SLC as the interview location, it was all done online through adobe connect.
      Walk me through your resume
      Why do you want to work at Western Governor's
      What do you know about our university
      What can you bring to the table
      Why should we select you
      If a student is late on an assignment how would you encourage them to get it done
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview

The interview process was extremely straight forward. I applied online and was contacted via email within 2 weeks to set up phone screen. Approximately 2 days after the initial phone screen I was contacted to set up an interview via Adobe Connect. Approximately 1 week after that I was contacted by the Program Manager to do 1 final interview. I was made an offer shortly after my references cleared.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career goals in 5 years? Why do you want to work with students? What do you know about WGU?   1 Answer