Western Governors University Student Mentor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.7

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Mentor Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview

Interviewed with an HR lady, was suppose to hear back within a week. It’s not been a month and half and still nothing. Called twice and they said they are still evaluating the position

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Western Governors University

Student Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview

Applied online and received an email with an offer to schedule an initial interview via adobe connect. Interviewed with a talent acquisition professional who outline the job and verified my resume experience. Interviewed a few weeks later with a program manager.

Interview Questions

• What about your professional experience will make you a good fit as a student mentor   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a student who was struggling to progress   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Louisville, KY) in July 2017.

Interview

First received an email to set up the fisr interview. Then a few days layer was asked to interview with program manager. Two weeks later intervied with a senior manager and was told I would receive an offer the following week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

Lasts about 30 minutes. Interviewer was kind. Asked questions about why I am considering leaving current employer- questions about the university and competency based learning. Explained what the job entailed.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Screening phone call, then a skype face to face with an hr rep, next a skype face to face with a senior manager. Everyone I spoke to was very nice and engaged. No "tricky" questions. Was asked about relevant situations. Had a good feel of the culture after the interview. Process moved quickly from submitting application, scheduling all the interviews, then the offer. Was overall one of the best interview experiences I've had

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've used critical conversation skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Applied online and received an email nearly three weeks later requesting a 30 minute interview through Adobe Connect. Was told that the recorded interview would be passed along to the program manager and I would be contacted within 1-2 weeks. Still waiting to hear back...

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WGU?
      Why would you be a good fit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Oswego, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

After receiving an interview request through email, I had my first interview. The first interview was easy. I was then invited back to a second interview with a program manager. I felt it went well. I waited 2 weeks before getting an email that I was not selected for the job. Very Disappointed.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

I had 2 Skype type interviews. The first one was preliminary with questions that you would expect. The second was with some "Higher Ups" and was longer. Overall, it was a smooth, rather timely experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one policy that you disagree with at your current position and what did you do about it? Give a specific example of when you had to deliver disappointing news to a student. What did you say?   Answer Question

Student Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview about a week after I applied online. The interview went well over Adobe with general questions. It lasted about 30 mins total. I was told that they would pass my video along to the next supervisor. I have not heard back from them in over a week and I am highly qualified.
    *Disappointed*

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here?
      What do you know about our University?
      Why would you make the perfect fit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alma, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Alma, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job. I did get an interview. It was kind of weird because instead of talking about me and how I would fit into their company, or my past experience, the gentleman just spoke about the company. It almost seemed like he was following a script.

Interview Questions

• The only question that I was asked was if I think I could do the job.   1 Answer