Western Governors University Student Mentor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Governors University Student Mentor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Screening phone call, then a skype face to face with an hr rep, next a skype face to face with a senior manager. Everyone I spoke to was very nice and engaged. No "tricky" questions. Was asked about relevant situations. Had a good feel of the culture after the interview. Process moved quickly from submitting application, scheduling all the interviews, then the offer. Was overall one of the best interview experiences I've had

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've used critical conversation skills   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Western Governors University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Applied online and received an email nearly three weeks later requesting a 30 minute interview through Adobe Connect. Was told that the recorded interview would be passed along to the program manager and I would be contacted within 1-2 weeks. Still waiting to hear back...

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WGU?
      Why would you be a good fit?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Oswego, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

After receiving an interview request through email, I had my first interview. The first interview was easy. I was then invited back to a second interview with a program manager. I felt it went well. I waited 2 weeks before getting an email that I was not selected for the job. Very Disappointed.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

I had 2 Skype type interviews. The first one was preliminary with questions that you would expect. The second was with some "Higher Ups" and was longer. Overall, it was a smooth, rather timely experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one policy that you disagree with at your current position and what did you do about it? Give a specific example of when you had to deliver disappointing news to a student. What did you say?   Answer Question

Student Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview about a week after I applied online. The interview went well over Adobe with general questions. It lasted about 30 mins total. I was told that they would pass my video along to the next supervisor. I have not heard back from them in over a week and I am highly qualified.
    *Disappointed*

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here?
      What do you know about our University?
      Why would you make the perfect fit?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alma, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Alma, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job. I did get an interview. It was kind of weird because instead of talking about me and how I would fit into their company, or my past experience, the gentleman just spoke about the company. It almost seemed like he was following a script.

Interview Questions

• The only question that I was asked was if I think I could do the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied about 2 months ago through WGU's website. I received an email asking me to schedule an interview. The interview was via Adobe Connect and was recorded. It was an easy interview with mostly screening questions. They said they will send the recording to the department managers and they will decide who moves to the next stage, which is another interview. Only difficult part was the audio wasn't working and there was an echo which made it difficult to concentrate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

Got a request for a interview via phone/adobe connect with a HR Recruiter about 4 days after applying. This interview went well, and I was contacted later that evening for another interview via phone/adobe connect with a program manager. I have been told I will hear something in the next couple days. Fingers crossed

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why did you apply for this position?
      What do you know about WGU?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Applied online and immediately contacted for an interview. First interview was with HR. Typical interview questions. A lot of questions about why I wanted the role. Some questions about my professional experience - some reference to salary requirements and why I want to leave a current role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this role?   1 Answer

Student Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University in March 2016.

Interview

Very professional yet comfortable process. First interview was really a "screener" to see if I understood the expectations, hours, travel, etc involved. The second interview was with a senior manager from the department, followed by a third interview with another supervisor from the department. The last call was the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position? How do you handle a conflict with students?   Answer Question