Western Illinois University Interview Questions in Macomb, IL | Glassdoor

Western Illinois University Interview Questions in Macomb, IL

2.8

Complex Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Illinois University (Macomb, IL).

Interview

This is your standard interview process for residence life. They read questions from a sheet, fear to deviate from the sheet, and often do not ask follow up questions. There is an interview with undergraduate students, graduate/professional staff, the Assistant Vice President that's more of a chat session, lunch with some other staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation really. Was promised funds for relocation and didn't get any. Make sure to get this information in writing.

Resident Hall Information Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Illinois University (Macomb, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

It's a group interview process. You and two other candidates sit across two interviewers in a conference room. You are asked a series of questions and given a hypothetical scenario to work thew. The interviewer look for confidence and critical thinking ability.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntle customer? Example: Someone comes to you angry because they did not received a package they were expecting in the mail.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Illinois University (Macomb, IL).

Interview

Focused on talent and tasks rather than on cultural/personality fit.

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Illinois University (Macomb, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Email sent out before end of semester for staffing next semester's classes requesting resume and application. Need three references and at least two letters of recommendation. Called for interview a week later. Asked several questions about how I would respond to situations that could be raised in a class. Application is sent to a committee who determines if you are hired. Notified within two weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disruptive student who walks in ten minutes late to class.   Answer Question

Faculty Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Illinois University (Macomb, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I sat down in front of a panel of current employees of the department as well as the head of the department itself. Interview was based on knowledge of systems, web development experience & grant writing. It took probably 45 minutes to an hour from start to finish and was a little unnerving being questioned by so many people but the questions themselves were not difficult.

Lab Repair Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western Illinois University (Macomb, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

Emailed my resume in, as per instructions on WIU website. Heard back via email within 2 days. Was in boss's office for interview the day after I got the response. Talked about my interests and why I wanted the job. Just got to know each other a bit. Second interview consisted of me talking to certified Apple and Dell repair rep.'s they asked questions to make sure I knew the basics of hardware repair. Got called with the job offer shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• Why are manhole covers round?   1 Answer
    • (pointing at a Dell hard drive) "What is this?" followed by "How does it differ from this?" (referring to another hard drive)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate. Pay rates are preset depending on what level you're working at. They are really flexible with the schedule though, because they have to work around all your classes.